It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:57 am 

Hello!
I'd like to report that I can't start a program, that appears on the recent programs list. I only get a sort of tools submenu, but I can't start the main program from here.
There's no problem with starting the program from quick search.

(Copied from SF, because I realized that this is the new place for bug reports)

Attachments:
cs-issue.png
cs-issue.png [ 18.31 KiB | Viewed 31396 times ]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:07 pm 

Ok, so you mean you get a jumplist tasks section but clicking the main icon doesn't start the program from the Start Menu?

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:14 pm 

That popup menu has an entry for the main program separate from the rest (under them with the unpin option)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

What happens if you click on the Dxtory text?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:51 pm 

Ivo wrote:
What happens if you click on the Dxtory text?

You mean the one next to the blue icon? Nothing. If I hover the submenu comes up, but clicking doesn't do anything.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

Show me what you get when you right-click on it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:08 pm 

Ivo wrote:
Show me what you get when you right-click on it.

Attachments:
cs-issue2.png
cs-issue2.png [ 14.13 KiB | Viewed 31390 times ]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately that means nothing to me :( I don't even recognize the language.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:47 pm 

From your screenshot, it looks like it is the jumplist (that submenu is called the jumplist). After pinning the program to the taskbar, are you able to start the program by clicking the command under the "Tasks" (Feladatok) section from the taskbar jumplist?

Compare Start Menus

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:06 am 

Ivo wrote:
Unfortunately that means nothing to me :( I don't even recognize the language.

It's pretty much the same as other items except the topmost which means open is greyed out. (Curiously the second - which is something like: open file containing folder- is always greyed out. )

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:07 am 

GauravK wrote:
From your screenshot, it looks like it is the jumplist (that submenu is called the jumplist). After pinning the program to the taskbar, are you able to start the program by clicking the command under the "Tasks" (Feladatok) section from the taskbar jumplist?

It's not there. As I said it was separate from those.
(I didn't mention it before but I'm on win8x64)

PS:
If I try to change the language Classic Start menu says to right click on the button and click exit. The option doesn't exist.

Stopping the start menu service and killing the process also doesn't work. So at this point I don't see a way to restart it without restarting the OS.
It would be nice if the program provided option the restart automatically when I changed the language. (Maybe it would useful in the start button context menu too.)

Attachments:
cs-issue3.png
cs-issue3.png [ 5.64 KiB | Viewed 31378 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:15 am 

It looks like the "Open" item is greyed out in its context menu, which is why it isn't starting. I have no idea why the first 2 items are greyed out in the context menu. Also, what I meant was, does clicking Dxtory (the item just above "Unpin") in this jumplist picture start the program? Or it does nothing? Since the program starts from search, the jumplist may be gotten corrupt.

To exit the menu, there is an "Exit" item when you right click the Start button. If it is missing, it must be disabled. Check in the Start Menu Settings -> All Settings -> "Context menu" tab that "Enable Exit" is enabled. Another way to exit is C:\Program Files\Classic Shell\ClassicStartMenu.exe -exit

Compare Start Menus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:00 am 

GauravK wrote:
It looks like the "Open" item is greyed out in its context menu, which is why it isn't starting. I have no idea why the first 2 items are greyed out in the context menu. Also, what I meant was, does clicking Dxtory (the item just above "Unpin") in this jumplist picture start the program? Or it does nothing? Since the program starts from search, the jumplist may be gotten corrupt.

To exit the menu, there is an "Exit" item when you right click the Start button. If it is missing, it must be disabled. Check in the Start Menu Settings -> All Settings -> "Context menu" tab that "Enable Exit" is enabled. Another way to exit is C:\Program Files\Classic Shell\ClassicStartMenu.exe -exit

Huh. apparently the problem is that "Enable Windows Explorer" works erroneusly. It not only disables the "open file containing folder" option but also opening the program in this case.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:35 am 

Ah. That's a bug. Thanks for reporting! It's supposed to disable "Open" for regular folders but not for program shortcuts with jumplists.

Compare Start Menus