It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:35 am 

I have just done the first Win10 upgrade here and run Classic Shell on that PC.

How do I get to Win10 settings when Classic Shell is running?

TIA

Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:55 am 
Site Admin

Look for "PC settings" in the start menu. It may not be there if you have customized your menu. If so, you either have to add it manually, or reset the menu items (right-click on the menu items in the Customize Start Menu page of the settings).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:14 am 

There is a Settings item in the Start menu's right column as Ivo said but if you upgraded from Windows 7, it may not be there. You can also type: Settings into the search box of Classic Shell's Start menu and open it.

If you need to open the Windows 10 Start Menu, Shift+left click or press Shift+Win key on Start button.

Win+I also opens the Settings app which is the fastest way.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:13 pm 

Thanks to Ivo and Guarav......I have found it although Win+I doesn't, for me, open the settings.

Regards,

Kevin

Gaurav wrote:
There is a Settings item in the Start menu's right column as Ivo said but if you upgraded from Windows 7, it may not be there. You can also type: Settings into the search box of Classic Shell's Start menu and open it.

If you need to open the Windows 10 Start Menu, Shift+left click or press Shift+Win key on Start button.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:35 am 

Gaurav wrote:

This worked for me. Was also looking for this, thanks to this thread I was able to get to the settings. Very helpful tip. Thanks again to everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:01 pm 

If the settings selection is missing from the menu left side options (it is missing on my brother's PC upgraded today from Win7), although on his laptop (upgraded from Win8.1 it is there)......how can I put the Win10 settings back into the menus on his desktop?

Ah, it seems that the Win10 settings is missing when "Aero" is selected as the Start button type in Classic Shell settings...when changing that to "Classic"...the Win10 settings menu item is back...hopefully this helps others?

Thanks,

K

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:11 am 

Just search for "Settings", click on the "Programs" node in search results if it doesn't show in your top search results, then right click and select "Pin to Start Menu (Classic Shell)".

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.