It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:26 pm 

Windows 10 build 14271 no go with Classic Shell 4.2.5

I am running a 1080 screen, the Classic menu is now for to low. I cant get to the Shut off option.

After 4 clicks of the Classic start Icon it disappears. then no more Classic shell.

Each click on the Classic start Icon causes a 1/4 of it to disappear, have tried a full reinstall of Classic Shell it does the same thing.
So had to revert to Windows start menu

Post subject: Re: Very bad BUG  Topic is solved
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:30 pm 
Site Admin

Classic Shell is not compatible with the new preview builds. When Redstone is released for realz, Classic Shell will support it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:21 pm 

They're talking about it being pushed back to 2017...

Post subject: Re: Very bad BUG
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:44 pm 

Ivo wrote:
Classic Shell is not compatible with the new preview builds. When Redstone is released for realz, Classic Shell will support it.

So I should uninstall Classic Shell? Right now I can't get the standard MSWin menu to come up, regardless of what key combination I use. I've been running ClassicShell all along on the TP builds, and it's been workable on it's own, but today when I needed to uninstall a couple apps (ones I installed), I found the default MSWin10 Start Menu would not come up. And I needed that in order to uninstall Metro apps. But if it's going to be a problem, I'll just have to remove it (it's just a test machine, I don't use MSWin otherwise).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:52 pm 
Site Admin

Are you sure both Shift+Win and Shift+Click didn't work? I think one worked and the other didn't.
If you just want to get to the Win10 menu occasionally, you can right-click on the start button and select Exit. This will disable Classic Shell temporarily.
To enable it back, either log off, or run ClassicStartMenu.exe manually.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:08 pm 

I will have to test it next time I boot that machine (it's an old, beat-up laptop with a dead battery and keys falling off of it)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:34 pm 

Ivo wrote:
Are you sure both Shift+Win and Shift+Click didn't work? I think one worked and the other didn't.
If you just want to get to the Win10 menu occasionally, you can right-click on the start button and select Exit. This will disable Classic Shell temporarily.
To enable it back, either log off, or run ClassicStartMenu.exe manually.

So I've brought that laptop back up, and neither of those methods brings up the Win10 menu. I also have the "StartScreen" icon pinned on the ClassicShell menu, and that doesn't work either. Exiting and restarting CS worked though (for the rare occasion I need to do that). Probably would need to do that even less if the "apps" icons had the "uninstall" option (the only way to uninstall Metro apps).

The system updated to Build 14316 (from 14295) but the problem still remains. But if a simple exit/restart of CS gives me the couple of things I need, that's an acceptable workaround.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

Are you running at higher DPI setting? If so, try setting the DPI to 100% (96 DPI) and see if you are able to open the menu with the mouse, the keyboard, and the "Start Screen" icon.