It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:23 am 

I want to suggest an option.
When user double-click in empty space of explorer window, this window goes up for 1 level in folder tree (like "level-up" button on Classic Explorer toolbar).
Some software has this feature (like Xyplorer), its very useful.
Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:51 am 

http://qttabbar.wikidot.com/

QT Tabs Bar has this functionality (along with a lot of others) If you want you can use just this function (though youll probably find others you like to, and its modular enough you can disable whatever you don't like)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:58 am 

Thank you for suggestion, Jcee.
Do you mean QTTabs could be installed and work along with the Classic Shell?
I've tried QTTabs few years ago, I've think it's a shell utility like Classic Shell and it can't work together because 2 utilities have similar functionality.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:07 pm 

Note that QTTabBar is an addon written in a .NET language and as such it could slow down Explorer performance. I also found it quite unstable, it frequently crashed Explorer. But yes it does have that feature to double click in an empty space to go Up.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:27 pm 

There are also 2 separate forks for it, if one is unstable for you, the other may be better: http://qttabbar.sourceforge.net/ (but I prefer, and use the one linked in the first post)
I dont notice any slowdowns/crashes but I do have a high end system.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:30 pm 

I know, both were quite unstable for me when I tried them.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:08 am 

Maybe with you it was an issue with .net? because I believe they may even have completely separate code bases (IE the one on sourceforge was made from scratch, after Quizio abandoned it (he then later decided to continue his work))
Though Ive had issues with various features (notably the file previewer) nothing caused explorer to flat out crash (a few features did cause a minor hang, but they were fixed with the next iteration, and I simply disabled them until then)
was it all on the same OS, and have you tried it since? Also since its noted, they can easily uninstall it if issues arise.. :P