It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:32 pm 

Hello,

Is there a way to link the power button on a laptop to open the "Windows 8" shutdown option menu that is opened from the classic shell start menu? If not, this would be an excellent feature to incorporate!

- Z

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:52 pm 

Not that Im aware of; though http://www.sevenforums.com/customizatio ... fault.html does seem to indicate such
But someone else might know of a way. (its certainly not directly through classic shell)

But it is a feature I miss from the XP days :P, and assuming there is a way to detect power button press... it shouldn't be that hard to code..
so +1 to that feature request :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:31 pm 

That would indeed require 3rd party addons. Classic Shell doesn't have it if I remember correctly, but I do believe there are some themes on http://www.VirtualCustoms.net of which incorporate that feature into the start menu, however, the downside is that it would be done through StartIsBack instead of Classic Shell. I've seen it done on a few of the themes they provide. However, do remember, the themes they provide are complete UI themes. Meaning that if you don't follow the instructions completely and use the proper software, you're either not going to succeed or are going to mess up somewhere. Also, you'll need either UltraUXTheme Patcher or UxStyles to be able to use them. Personally, I prefer UxStyles, it enables 3rd party themes without having to patch your system.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:01 am 

Hardware power button can only be controlled by the operating system. Windows XP was the last system to have the option to ask you every time what to do when you pressed the hardware power button. With later "improved" releases of Windows, you must choose some default power action.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.