It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:58 am 

Is this real or april fool? can anyone confirm these news?
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/04/ ... tart-menu/
http://haverzine.com/2014/04/02/microso ... ndows-8-1/

Seems many stupid 40% xp, win7 people demand microsoft very own start menu
too much that cause microsoft unable to stand their stubborn demands anymore.
Also their demand that cause microsoft to change might trouble many start menu software creators.

This is newest Windows start menu from microsoft(Similiar to startmenu reviver.)
But I think "Classic Shell metro button" is more better idea than merge metro start menu
browsing metro in full screen from swaping metro button is better than merge metro.

If it's real I hope Classic Shell creator prepare to face this largest homework.
Really, these people..... I don't get it why don't they just download classic shell
to solve this rather than blame micsrosoft...... :|

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:36 am 

Classic Shell is a standalone program that does not depend on Microsoft's Start Menu code so it should be possible to suppress their menu and bring up the Classic Start Menu as it already does on Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

For 3 generations of Windows - Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8/8.1, Microsoft haven't got the Start Menu right. So the chances are that they won't get it right.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:04 pm 

GauravK wrote:
Classic Shell is a standalone program that does not depend on Microsoft's Start Menu code so it should be possible to suppress their menu and bring up the Classic Start Menu as it already does on Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

I see, I'm grateful that you've notice to prepare this countermeasure to prevent their change from win7.
Thank you for clarifying so I can continue to stay in win8.1 with classic shell.
At first I was nearly thought about to revert back to win8 to use with classic shell better.

The most part that i like from classic shell is "flexible". :)