It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

Post subject: Windows ME features
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:22 pm 

I'm very old school. Pretty sure this isn't a topic yet, I searched, can't find a search box, but I scrolled through a few pages...

I was wondering if classic shell could make it so we can run some legacy versions of software made for windows... um... I mean like, windows media player 7 and the desktop themes from Windows 98/ME

Also folders were different in ME, I actually liked working with those folders better...

heck I just liked 98 the most... I'm way to old fashion.

Remember the bootloader screen? How it was a big, bright white, colorful, so therefore cheerful screen. Not since then has that boot loading screen been so depressing (black with a boring-to-look-at image in the center.

I want to go back to the stone age... (not really) but I think you know what I mean. I mean I want all the security of an updated windows, however, I want the old style 98 had.

The entire UI was my taste...

why not we make it so classicshell can even input the classic UI of past windows versions such as 3.1/95/98/ME/XP/Vista/7/8.1?
If its clunky? Well we chose to want it that way when we customize it using classic shell so each person is happy then. You should see the feedback in the windows feedback section of windows 10. Its crazy-full of people requesting that microsoft bring back 98/ME, XP, but mostly windows 7... I say let the people decide which version of windows they want to use. They can have all the security and stability of a new OS but the UI of whatever OS they prefered to use most...

Anybody with me on this at all? I'm going to assume not. I mean, sure I can guess there are tons of windows 7 fans out there in this audience but really? Will Microsoft REALLy bring back windows 7? Or make it so our UI can be so much more customized? I don't think so. I think all we can do is rely on classic shell and hope for the best that one day we all can go back to whatever version of windows we prefered, no matter what it was.

(LOL If 3.1 was your thing... but hey I think some people do still prefer the UI of even that I heard, believe it or not)

I'm not saying to go back to the stone age, I'm saying just the over all UI should be more customized!--however stability and security and bug fixes? Need to remain the same.

I also liked the disk defragmenter in windows 98/ME the best.

Also I like pixel art, not the CGI stuff we have now days, but that's just me.

Post subject: Re: Windows ME features
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:58 pm 

You posted in the wrong forum :lol:

If you're after the Windows 9x-era experience, you'd be better off looking around here: http://winclassic.boards.net/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:12 am 

oops, it seemed like the right place to post... it wasn't specified in the categories that I saw that development means "not 9x generation" I figured it would fit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:14 pm 

classicgamelover85 wrote:
oops, it seemed like the right place to post... it wasn't specified in the categories that I saw that development means "not 9x generation" I figured it would fit.

It's not a rule, I'm just saying you'd have better odds there .-.