It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:57 am 

I have pinned the program putty to the classic shell start menu and noticed, that the Recent Sessions list (Jump list) will not be updated. If I pin putty to the task bar, the Recent Sessions list is working correctly. I've added two screenshots to show the difference.

Updated from putty 0.68 to 0.69 today, which seems to fix one jump list bug: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgta ... anges.html
But this bug still occur.

Using Windows 10 - build 1703 - 64 bit - Classic Start Menü 4.3.0 - Windows 7 Design

If you need more information, feel free to ask me.

Attachments:
File comment: putty pinned to task bar, everything is right.
putty_taskbar.png
putty_taskbar.png [ 9.9 KiB | Viewed 31913 times ]
File comment: putty pinned to start menu, one entry is missing and there are no pinned sessions.
putty_startmenu.png
putty_startmenu.png [ 36.91 KiB | Viewed 31913 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:26 am 

Why this topic was marked as solved? How this one is solved?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:15 am 

I see, the pinned part of the jumplist is missing. I set the topic again as Unresolved.

What happens if you close PuTTY completely, then hold down Shift key+right click the taskbar icon of PuTTY and then choose "Pin to Start Menu (Classic Shell)"? Does the pinned shortcut show the same jumplist as the taskbar shortcut?

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:19 am 

Funny, the Shift + Right click on the taskbar icon solved that issue. I removed and pinned to start menu multiple times without any changes, but this time it helps. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:23 am 

The jumplists are dependent on the AppID which is different for each shortcut. Somehow the Start Menu shortcut and the Taskbar shortcut ended up having different AppIDs which is why the jumplist became different. :)

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:26 am 

Gaurav wrote:
The jumplists are dependent on the AppID which is different for each shortcut. Somehow the Start Menu shortcut and the Taskbar shortcut ended up having different AppIDs which is why the jumplist became different. :)

The funny thing is: In both cases I made right click on the same putty.exe file to pin it to start menu and task bar. I didn't understand why that can produce different results. :)