It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

Post subject: Multiple language search
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:26 am 

A somewhat exotic request and I'm guessing probably impossible to implement due to Windows restrictions, but I'll just ask anyway.

A scenario I suspect is common for many users: I have Windows installed in English, but also use another input language using Alt+Shift to switch between them. It is quite usual to make a Start Menu search in the other language, forgetting to switch to English first. Obviously, the search results are zero and it has to be repeated in English.

Wouldn't it be great if Classic Start Menu would always display the English results as well, no matter what the input language was?

For example, if I type "παιντ" I would also get the results of having typed "paint".

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:28 am 
Site Admin

It is not easy task to convert from one script to another, because it depends on the current keyboard layout. Once you start getting into Asian, Indic or Central European languages, it gets really tricky really quick. In many cases it is impossible to deduce what actual physical keys were pressed to produce certain text.