It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:22 pm 

Splitwirez wrote:
Numerous users wrote:

I apologize for the redundancy of this thread .-.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:28 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry, currently there are no plans to implement tiles in the foreseeable future. Live tiles are impossible (without reverse engineering and rewriting a large portion of the OS). Even dead tiles are a lot of work - people will want to add/remove/reorder/edit them dynamically.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:12 pm 

Ivo wrote:
Sorry, currently there are no plans to implement tiles in the foreseeable future.

...figures .__.

Ivo wrote:
Live tiles are impossible (without reverse engineering and rewriting a large portion of the OS).

As with that other thread, I didn't think you'd try to make them Live...

Ivo wrote:
Even dead tiles are a lot of work - people will want to add/remove/reorder/edit them dynamically.

I think I might've already said this before...but what if you just displayed the Start Screen/Win10 menu inside of the space for tiles? Start8 does (did?) something similar to that, just without surrounding it in the rest of a menu.

EDIT: ImmersiveTaille ( http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS- ... ille.shtml ) resizes the Start Screen too .-.

...kfine, sorry to bother you .-.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

It is not possible to display the start screen inside another window. It is using a completely different and incompatible technology.
Start8 simply finds the main window of the menu and resizes it. It doesn't mix two menus in a single UI. Besides, that trick only worked for Windows 8.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:21 pm 

Ivo wrote:
It is not possible to display the start screen inside another window. It is using a completely different and incompatible technology.
Start8 simply finds the main window of the menu and resizes it. It doesn't mix two menus in a single UI. Besides, that trick only worked for Windows 8.

...it's really that hard to put a left column in beside it? Huh...just when I thought my understanding couldn't be any more limited... O.o