It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:45 am 

Make start at bottom in vertical taskbar
duno if its possible

thx anyway

Last edited by LiteOS on Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:43 am 

There is currently no easy way to do it. but if you're willing to put in an hour or 2, you could make a 'fake' start button with rainmeter, and on click have it run "C:\Program Files\Classic Shell\ClassicStartMenu.exe" -toggle
The Tray/volume/clock/and Notifications will still be on the bottom. (and the bottom-most element would be covered up by your fake button)

This menu would open from the top down, but if you had enough menu items to fill the screen it would appear the same. If you don't want that many items, you can further complicate things by adding padding to the top of one of Classic Shells .skin files to push the menu down to where you need it. I would estimate it at about 1.5 hours (with no prior rainmeter experience) and another 30 minutes if you wanted to figure out how to pad a skin.

If you decide you want to go this route, I would be happy to give more detailed instructions, and help you, should you have any questions. though I suspect you are looking for a simple, solution. which is up to IVO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:30 pm 

thx for the informative reply i might try it
but first i will try to understand a bit and ask for guide lines

do u think its responsive like classic shell or startisback++ ?

is there a way to trick windows to think the resolution is lower then the actually
so the start will be in the middle maybe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:14 pm 

Tricking the resolution wont work, nor will making a really tall start button, with the bottom being the only visible part (it will just push down all the other buttons)
as for responsiveness..

I actually decided to try it out for myself, and the click appears responsive enough, however there is some Z-position issues that make the start button go behind the taskbar for 1/4 a second after the button is clicked (if you make a custom taskbar skin, and make that section clear, the effect will be minimal)

Heres the how-to, and the new eta is 2-3 minutes (since I did all the leg work))

After installing rainmeter:
Take this file, unzip it to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Chrome\
then right click on rainmeters taskbar icon, go to 'skins' find chrome.ini
now drag the icon to the bottom corner, right click, and change its properties so it can't be dragged anymore.

If this meets your needs, you can modify chrome.png and chrome2.png in the zip for more appropriate icons..

Attachments:
chrome.zip [17.48 KiB]
Downloaded 881 times
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:34 pm 

quiet nice :)

dpi classic shell is 121 here 900p res

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:33 pm 

glad it works out. if you want to change the size, edit the .ini file in the zip and change the "H=90" to whatever
To remove the top start button, you can set the start button size to 1 in classic shells settings (or if you don't want that single pixel, create a custom 'clear' start button)