It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

Post subject: Recent Items
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:55 pm 

I think there may be a flaw with the "Recent" items menu option. Either that or maybe it's some corrupt file within Recent items but...

If I set Recent Items as a menu, it crashes Classic Shell. If I set it as a Link it flashes open but then the page closes. It's acting like a coding error.

I'll do some more troubleshooting and update this post when I find out if it's just the files inside or not.

Attachments:
File comment: It's just a screenshot of when I have it set to open Recent as a link.
Recent-Items.jpg
Recent-Items.jpg [ 109.06 KiB | Viewed 9837 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Recent Items
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

If you get the same behavior if you manually navigate to that folder in Explorer, then the problem is likely not related to Classic Shell.
You might have some corrupt file in that folder that is tripping both Explorer and the Classic Shell menu.
You may try opening a command prompt in the folder and list the files using the "dir" command. Look for something that doesn't belong there.

Post subject: Re: Recent Items
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:05 pm 

Try right clicking "Recent Items" in Explorer and click "Clear recent items list". Then open some documents again and see if it still crashes the menu.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.