It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:20 am 

Hey,

there seems to be a problem with the transparency setting for the taskbar on my computer, as shown in the pictures below.
Does anybody have the same problem or is that fixable by any means?

Cheers

Attachments:
File comment: horizontal, properly working for comparison
transparency2.PNG
transparency2.PNG [ 347.44 KiB | Viewed 16055 times ]
File comment: vertical
transparency.PNG
transparency.PNG [ 177.56 KiB | Viewed 16055 times ]

Last edited by da_mcroof on Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:24 am 
Site Admin

What version of Windows do you have? Are you using a custom theme or visual style?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:02 am 

Win 8.1 and the basic Win 8 Skin for Classic Shell. Nothing else, as far as I'm concerned.
Oddly enough, the start button is fully transparent as well as the date/background programs area.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:24 pm 

I tried with Classic Shell 4.3.0 on Windows 8.1: works fine here, I am able to make the taskbar completely transparent regardless of what side it is on. Your issue seems to be only in the 2nd image right? The first is normal, the selection around the buttons retains the border. Can you upload your settings XML when taskbar is vertical?

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:43 am 

Yeah, only the second one is faulty (edited my original post for clearing that up). I switched the wallpapers, because you were unable to see the difference due to the original one being black at the bottom. Both have exactly the same settings, I just checked it in the xml file. Just checked, it only works normal in horizontal mode on the bottom. Top, right and left is all greyed for me.

I probably did some registry editing at some point, which might result in this behaviour. I'll keep on digging, thanks for the help so far.

Attachments:
Menu Settings-vertical.xml [910 Bytes]
Downloaded 866 times
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:01 am 

Works fine here. Have you installed any app that does any Registry tweaks to the way glass/Aero is rendered on Windows 8.1? Also, make sure you are using the latest version of Classic Shell. Here is how it looks on my PC:

Attachments:
Transparent Taskbar.png [1.94 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:49 am 

This is happening even on a clean install of Windows 8.1. This bug also applies to the texture and color features, so it looks like CSM is just ignoring all blank parts of the taskbar.

Attachments:
Classic Start Menu taskbar transparency & texture bug.png
Classic Start Menu taskbar transparency & texture bug.png [ 17.92 KiB | Viewed 15286 times ]