It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm 

Problem:
If your start menu button is replaced, with classic, metro or a custom button, the original start menu native to the windows 7 appears.
To replicate click near the right side of a button on a exact spot. The location is about 1 pixel wide and tall as the button itself.

http://imgur.com/MIi4a -> location is on the red line

Maybe it is just my system, but i think it's worth checking out as it is simple to check for.
I did change practically every setting on the classic start menu so let me now if you need additional info.
Unfortunately i don't have the time to reinstall everything to test the default settings.

lp, dexter

PS; I'm using classic theme for my windows 7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:15 am 

Did anyone try this?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:38 am 

What is the size of the custom button you are using? Are you using small taskbar icons?

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:09 am 

GauravK wrote:
What is the size of the custom button you are using? Are you using small taskbar icons?

As i wrote the problem appears when using classic, metro or custom button. Classic and metro options don't have any size setting yet the problem persists when using them.

I just tested the custom button size setting and found the size limit where the problem disappears (but only for custom button, classic, metro are still affected).
The size when the native start menu doesn't appear anymore is 22.

I am using small taskbar icons as can be seen in the picture.

[EDIT]
PS:
Just discovered that the size of the area that shows
the native start menu is the exact size as is the classic start button
-> the button I'm referring to is in the picture http://www.dedoimedo.com/images/compute ... lassic.jpg

I think what happens is; classic start menu .exe hides the start menu button and shows it's own button (whatever is chosen) ,
yet forgets to disable the action of showing the native menu when clicking the same location as the hidden button.
I don't know what happen in the code that is just my observation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:10 am 

Hmm okay :), the Windows 7 Start Menu opens if one clicks to the right of the Classic button and there is no button text or if the size of the custom button is too small. The Metro button is large, how are you getting any empty space to its right and the first pinned icon?

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:29 am 

GauravK wrote:
Hmm okay :), the Windows 7 Start Menu opens if one clicks to the right of the Classic button and there is no button text or if the size of the custom button is too small. The Metro button is large, how are you getting any empty space to its right and the first pinned icon?

I don't have any pinned icons.

I'll make a video when i get the time.