It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

Post subject: Treeview
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:50 pm 

In Classic Explorer, selecting a folder on the right pane does not automatically expand the treeview in the left pane to display and highlight the selected folder. This results in a 'mixed message' about which folders are in use which, in turn, leads to potential errors and 'lost' files.

I would suggest that any time a folder is selected in the right pane, the treeview should automatically expand to display the selected folder with a bold highlight (the treeview should always agree with the path in the address bar). When right-clicking a destination folder for a file-drop operation, that folder should get a non-bold highlight. In this way the user would always have an accurate depiction of the directories in use.

Thanks for an outstanding tool!

flieger

Post subject: Re: Treeview
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

Go to the View tab in the Ribbon, click on the Navigation pane button, then make sure "Expand to open folder" is checked.

Post subject: Re: Treeview  Topic is solved
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:22 pm 

I'm using XP Classic Theme. The Classic Explorer "View" menu has no "Expand to open folder" selection.
In the "Settings for Classic Explorer" program there is a tab for Navigation Pane, but that also does not have the "Expand...." selection.

Good hint, though - it got me digging deeper. For my theme I found the "Expand...." selection under
Tools -> Folder Options -> Navigation Pane.

Seems to work as desired. Thanks!
filieger