It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:22 am 

1) Is there any option to make the preview images on Explorer, the "View large icons" bigger?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) When we set on Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > View > TICK the "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
then we see on Explorer the folders with icon (like i prefer), BUT then we have no preview on any image on Explorer.

When we UN-TICK "Always show icons, never thumbnails", then we see the folders with preview, and preview on every image on Explorer.

Is there any way to have the folders with icon + and preview on every image on Explorer, at the same time?

Attachments:
Image Previews on Explorer.png
Image Previews on Explorer.png [ 104.88 KiB | Viewed 24626 times ]

Last edited by sakis.kom on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:22 am 

No, thumbnails can be either on or off for everything. But you can do some tweaking so toggling thumbnails on and off becomes easier.

For example, you can use VBScript and tweak the registry to add a command to toggle thumbnails from the context menu. Download this ZIP file: download/file.php?id=1299 and extract ToggleThumbs.vbs to your C:\Windows folder. Then double click to merge ToggleThumbs.reg into the Registry. You will get a context menu item called "Toggle thumbnails" when you right click the empty background of a folder or a Library.

Instead of merging the REG file for getting a context menu, you can also copy the VBS file to C:\Windows and then create a custom toolbar button on the Classic Explorer toolbar whose command is:
wscript.exe "%WinDir%\togglethumbs.vbs"

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:39 am 

The two options work great!

Quote:
Is there any option to make the preview images on Explorer, the "View large icons" bigger?

And for this, we have any trick?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:56 pm 

If you are using Windows 7, you can use this slider to make a preview size bigger than "Large icons" but smaller than "Extra large".

In Windows 8, Microsoft removed the slider that Windows 7/Vista Explorer had to adjust icon sizes and instead put fixed icon sizes on the Ribbon. There is no size on the Ribbon in-between Large Icons and Extra Large icons.

If you change first to Large icons, then you can hold down the Ctrl key and scroll with the mouse scroll-wheel to reach a larger size than "Large icons" but smaller than "Extra Large icons".

Compare Start Menus

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:21 pm 

GauravK wrote:
If you are using Windows 7, you can use this slider to make a preview size bigger than "Large icons" but smaller than "Extra large".

Yes, i use win7 and i know that. I want other trick. I want to see the "Large Icons" BUT with a custom fixed size, like 150x150 pixel.
Windows "Large icons" size is 90x90(?) pixel. "Extra large" is 250x250(?) pixel. A huge different! The first preview is small and the secont is huge!
I use two monitor 1920x1080. If i had smaller resolution, like i had on my older monitor, "Large icons" was just fine. But now is not so good, is small.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:00 am 

Yeah I know the difference is huge but an in-between size may not be possible because there is no menu bar command for it. The Classic Explorer toolbar only has those commands which the Explorer menu bar has.

The current sizes are:

Extra Large Icons – 256 x 256 pixels
Large Icons – 96 x 96 pixels (Automatically rendered by Explorer from 256 version)
Medium Icons – 48 x 48 pixels
Tiles – 48 x 48 pixels
Content – 32 x 32 pixels
Small Icons – 16 x 16 pixels
List – 16 x 16 pixels
Details – 16 x 16 pixels

I made another AutoHotkey script. Run it and then can use the Ctrl+ '+/-' keys to zoom in/zoom out icon sizes in Explorer. That is the best option available right now since directly switching to a size between "Large" and "Extra Large" isn't possible.

Attachments:
CtrlMouseWheelZoom.zip [357.13 KiB]
Downloaded 1036 times

Compare Start Menus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:04 am 

Yes is working.
Can work with +/- keys that is on the side, and not that is on the top?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:00 am 

Updated above script to work with both numeric keypad as well as alphanumeric pad.

Compare Start Menus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:35 am 

X-L-ENT! :)