It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DONATION
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:26 am 

I would like to make a (recurring) donation to the Classic Shell creators, but Paypal doesn't accept donations from Japan. Maybe you should not call it a donation but something else like a service, payment, etc.I guess you are missing some funds that would happily help you...If you find a new way for payments through Paypal, let us know in the message after a new installation.That may make your day to know that many people appreciate your work.Bye!

Post subject: Re: DONATION
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:52 am 
Site Admin

Hm, that's weird. I have received donations from other countries in the past, like Germany, the UK, or Finland.
I looked at the Amazon's "Flexible Payment Service" as an alternative donation solution, but it appears to be buggy and with poor support.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:49 am 

Im not sure exactly how this works, but I've heard paypal charges a 3% cut from processed sales (most cc companies do). Im curious if this is applied to donations, and non-business entities :P

But basically what he's asking is still for a paypal link, but in the form of a 'payment' rather than a donation I believe.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:23 am 
Site Admin

Yes, they charge about 30c + 3% on every donation or payment.
You don't have to use the donation link. If you already have a PayPal account you can transfer money to the user "ivo@ibeltchev.com" directly.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:59 pm 

Well, I'm going to steal this topic :)

A million Thanks for making this classic shell.

I'm still 24/7 on WindXP with Microsoft official Zune theme (looks way better than wind vista\7\8).

My modern desktop always had wind7, and I never liked it much (hate start menu, hate the crap quick launch menu, and specially hate icon arrangement the way Microsft wants and can't put them the way I WANT).

Wind8, I installed it and 10 minutes after I was formatting my whole laptop HDD to install wind7 again.

But now I bought an SSD and installed Wind8.1 with UEFI GPT partition system.

ps: I CAN'T STAND METRO, IF IT WASN'T FOR THIS CLASSIC SHELL I WOULD NEVER WANT TO USE ANY WINDOWS SYSTEM OTHER THAN XP, SO THANK YOU ;) (But I still miss windXP quick launch menu and Wind7 glass effects. Wind8 looks creepy with it's solid color and no way to make it kinda glassy without a mod grrrrr...).
Keep Cool

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:38 pm 

Quick Launch can be still be enabled in Windows 7/8: http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-enable-q ... ndows-8-1/

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:54 pm 

NICE, didn't know that. THANK YOU.

ps: Sorry for the offtopic (I'm so glad to have quick launch back). Now I only miss the real transparency of Win7 (not the stupid wind8.1 glass mod that just makes it invisible).
Keep Cool

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:57 am 
It seems you just need to wait for Windows 8.1 Update 1: http://www.windowsbleu.com/2014/02/how- ... ws-81.html