It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:15 pm 

Hi,
I was recently forced to move from IE 8 to IE11 because a web site I use a lot is no longer compatible with IE8.
I know there are good reasons for keeping IE up to date - Security, Speed... but for most of my web browsing, I use firefox anyway.

Moving to IE11, I installed Classic IE and spent a bit of time tweaking the interface of IE11 to make it look as close to how I prefer it as it's possible to get.

As far as I know, there's no feature in IE 9, IE 10 and IE 11 to move the tabs bar ALL the way down - in other words, not just have it below the address bar, but to have it immediately above the web page in question. That's where I like it. That's where I have it in Firefox. That's the sole reason I won't use Google Chrome, because Google refuse to add a feature to let you move tabs down (despite a lot of people requesting it as an enhancement).

There's an enhancement logged with Microsoft too, to be able to move the tabs all the way down, to be the lowest toolbar. I wouldn't hold my breath on Microsoft listening to this user request.

So, I was wondering, is there any possibility of adding a feature to Classic IE to force such an interface change on IE ? I don't even know if it's possible, but if it is, that would truly make for a "classic" interface in my mind - IE8 / 7 / 6 style, just without all the browser vulnerabilities :-)

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:25 pm 
Site Admin

It is not possible to move the tabs below the toolbars or the menu bar. The reason is that the tabs belong to the outer frame (the one that contains all pages) and the toolbars and menus are per page.