It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:29 pm 

Hello: I need to know where the apps for the new Classic Shell 4.1.0 version went to. I had the version of 3.9.5 for Windows 8.0 and that worked out just fine and all of the apps on the touch screen Start Menu on Windows 8.0 were there. Then I went to 4.1.0 today and ONLY 2 apps came back: Classic Start Menu and Start Menu Settings. They are on the apps screen right now.

What I did as a workaround was to put the Classic Shell Update icon on the desktop and it works there. So I will keep it there.

I was just wondering if you are going to have the apps feature of Windows 8/8.1 and future Windows 8.2 ready for your new software updates. Do you know when?

Thanks and hope you have a good evening.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:43 pm 
Site Admin

The Classic Shell Update icon should be in the All Programs -> Classic Shell folder in the start menu.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:01 am 

Actually I had to go to search option in Windows 8 and I found the Classic Shell Folder and the Icon is in there, but NOT the app. So I created a shortcut for the Classic Shell Update.

The "All Programs" feature shows up in Windows 7, NOT in Windows 8 or 8.1. Also, Classic Shell's folder DOES NOT show up in "Programs" section of Windows Start Menu either for Windows 8/8.1. You have to create a shortcut for it once you find it in the Search option under File Explorer or Windows Explorer on your computer. So that is what I did just now, and that works fine as a workaround.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:05 am 

Mine sowed up in the Win8.1 Start Screen when I got it. However, I have since stopped using the Start Screen and have been using Classic Shell in it's place. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:17 am 

ah...OK Well, if you could make this as a fix for this version for Windows 8.0, then that would be great. Otherwise, what I told you in the previous post, I have that as a workaround and the folder is a shortcut on my desktop, so that I can access it easily on there. I also have the Update part on there as a shortcut too.

Do you know when the next update(s) will be for this program? So far it has been working fine for me. I heard about your program through the national news one evening and also on the local news too, because Windows XP was going away back on April 8 2014. So when I got my current computer back in February 2014, I downloaded the program and that was updated version 3.85 or 3.90 at the time. And all of the apps were on the Start screen for Windows, not under the Start menu in the lower lefthand corner, but on the Start Menu. Now only 2 show up, Start Menu Options (to change the Start button menu setup) and also the Start Menu Settings.

Thanks for your help before on this. Hope you come out with new versions that will indeed keep all of the apps on there.

Have a good weekend and thanks again. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:51 am 
Site Admin

I still don't understand what the problem is. Is it:
1) The Update shortcut doesn't show up in the start screen
2) The Update shortcut doesn't show up in the start menu
3) The Classic Shell folder doesn't show up in the start menu

All of these should be happening for Windows 8. For Windows 8.1 #1 may not happen, because the start screen by default shows a small set of pinned programs. But if you click on the down arrow at the bottom you will see all programs, including the Classic Shell Update.

Besides, why do you need the Update tool to be easily available? The check for new versions should be happening automatically and the tool will pop up if needed.