It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:32 am 

Is there a way to customize the details shown in the Explorer statusbar beyond the 3 options in the settings?
I'm thinking, something like a format string for selected/unselected defining text and variables to show, and statusbar segments.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:02 am 

The status bar details are the same as what the tooltip/infotip shows. You can customize the tooltip using the Registry but it's per-file type.

As an example, see the "InfoTip" Reg value's data at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile. Article on it: Add More Details to Shortcut ToolTip in Windows 10: http://winaero.com/blog/add-details-sho ... indows-10/

The Explorer Details pane can be customized similarly per file-type: http://winaero.com/blog/customize-detai ... indows-10/

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:38 pm 

Thanks. Didn't know that. It could be a halfway solution, though it can't be used to configure statusbar parts, like always having things indicated in fixed locations.

Haven't managed to get it to work yet.

Is there a way to get it to use AllFileSystemObjects without tweaking all type-specific InfoTips?
I suppose System.FileCount doesn't return the count for the current directory, but for a selected directory?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:17 pm 

Yeah it would've been great to have it working for AllFileSystemObjects. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

The only time I've seen System.FileCount work is in Windows Explorer stacked search results. Unfortunately, stacking was removed after Windows Vista.

Attachments:
File Count.png
File Count.png [ 190.7 KiB | Viewed 16476 times ]

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:08 am 

Well, I've changed ClassicExplorer's settings to "show free space and file size" but not "show detailed info for single selection".
Free space is now always shown, even if in a variable position. Better than nothing.