It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:06 am 

So, I've been trying out Classic Explorer recently with the the tool bar, and I've noticed some icons like the back/forward arrows, and the undo arrow for example are missing, which is of course the fault of windows 7 as I know. However, I am in a bit of an uncertain situation with two things I'd like help with, I'd like to know how exactly to add custom icons to the tool bar, especially ones with missing icons since I cannot find a way to replace icons that don't exist, and I also wanted to ask how I would put text underneath the buttons in the tool bar such as "Forward, back, cut, copy, paste," etc.

I haven't found any topics asking anything similar, so I thought I would ask, if someone has already then I apologize.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:18 am 
Site Admin

Double-click on the individual items in the Toolbar Buttons page, and there you can change the icon for each button.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:19 pm 

Ivo wrote:
Double-click on the individual items in the Toolbar Buttons page, and there you can change the icon for each button.

Thank you very much, I'm surprised I didn't already try that. Since this is also a question I asked above, if I may repeat, how do I enable words underneath the icons as well?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

If you put some text in the Label field, it will show under the button.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:31 pm 

Ivo wrote:
If you put some text in the Label field, it will show under the button.

Thank you again, the text is appearing next to them right now, though I'm sure I'll work that out in the end, so thanks once again. I only have one last question before I'm done, if I may ask it. What pixel size do the icons have to be? I've tried everything from 16 to 128 so far, and all the dimensions just cause a really tiny icon to appear on the toolbar.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:54 pm 
Site Admin

Look at the settings in the Toolbar Settings page. There are options to control the icon sizes and the text position.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:26 pm 

Ivo wrote:
Look at the settings in the Toolbar Settings page. There are options to control the icon sizes and the text position.

Oh, I apologize, I said I would not ask another question, but I think this one warrants it more than prior ones I've asked. Is there a way to make a single button cycle through different commands in a specific order, or just cycle through commands at all?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:47 pm 
Site Admin

Not possible. You can make a dropdown menu with multiple commands though. Just add them as sub-buttons.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:53 pm 

Ivo wrote:
Not possible. You can make a dropdown menu with multiple commands though. Just add them as sub-buttons.

I thankfully found out how to do that myself, I was just curious if that was possible at all to further emulate the "Views" button in 95, though a drop down menu will likely make the same functions available anyway. Thank you very much for the help on this, and I apologize if my frequent questions were irritating at all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:10 am 

I mean it sincerely when I say I hate bothering you, though I have another question. Is there a way to make sub menu icons in the start menu smaller than the menu icons?
I was messing around trying to get most of the menu's details right to get as much of the aesthetic of 95 down when I noticed that both menu and sub menu icons with the start menu share the same... um, "size inputs?"

Here's an image to kind of help my question.

I pretty much just want to know if it's possible to give the start menu and sub menu icons different size variables to they can be resized independently of each other.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:25 am 
Site Admin

You can set the size for "small icons" and "large icons". The sub-menus always use the small icons. The main menu uses small icons or large icons depending on the skin. Almost all skins have a setting you can toggle.
So - set the small icons to a small number, se the large icons to a larger number, then look in the skin settings for something called "Small icons" and uncheck it.