It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:26 am 

Sade, MS making every new Explorer something more bad.
Classic Shell helps in some Situation but not all.

So There keeps three Problem.
1. i must ever press F2 on Folders in Navigation Tree on left side to edit the Name.
Under Win XP i can press on marked Folder with left mousebutton one time on the Foldername and i can edit them like right side.
Classic Shell helps not, to correcting this mistake.
The handling isn't like XP. Hope, you can change this?

2. Classic Shell corrects a jump Bug in left Navigation Tree if you choose a folder on the right side but this removes the jump effect not in all conditions.
If i delete a Folder with Del on left side in Navigation tree, it doesn't jump to next folder under the deleted Folder and so the position keeps not the same in Tree. Now, it jumps up to main Folder, where the deleted Folder was in there. So if the Folder have much more Folders, you must every time scroll down to the last position again, to find the last position and the next folder to take a look in them.
If you want deleting more Folders in this way, you must ever scolling down again.
It is more simple to use arrows on left side to see the content of the folder and press then delete and jump to the next folder under them to see the content and make choice, if you delete them too or not. In Win 7 i must search after delete action every the last Folder position again. Or i must take a look on all Folders bevor and remember them, so i can marked them on right side after and delete them in one way. But this isn't good handling because i doesn't see the content and if i remember false, i delete Folder with important data, if the names are nearly the same.

The normal XP handling was, to jump after delete Action to the next folder under the delete Folder and only jump to main folder, if there isn't anymore folder after /behind the delete Folder in the same area. Hope, you can change this?

3. other Problem is, that sometimes i marking some folders on the right side but by using STRG + C to copy or delete it, it want copy or delete the main Folder from navigation Tree. I don't know why. It is really confuse me and bad handling.

4. Alphabetical sortment in list mode everytime on right side. It is really bad, if i copy or extract Datafiles to a Folder it will sort by name yet. Not like XP after i reopen the folder or press F5. It was better to see the last copied Datafiles on the end and later it will be sorted alphabetical. Could you change this handling?

5. Is there possibility for extending the Explorer with columns like cept for XP to get the sort mode for file extension?

The point 4 +5 it seems MS changed something under Win 7 so it isn'T possible but i am not sure, so i will ask here too. Some changes on the points 1-3 like XP will help me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:46 am 

While all of the issues you mention are problems, there is no fix possible for them via Classic Shell. #4 in my opinion is a serious time-waster and #5 is an unnecessary reduction in capabilities of Explorer, they both bug me too.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:39 am 

But it seems, that classicshell correcting one of the jump bugs. So classicshell can help. But not actually by my called problem. But it is true, the classicshell programmer must changed the handling one time before. So i think, they can do it again. I hope so.
But only the points 4-5 can not. Because MS don't allow own plugins for columns or change the sort mode.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:11 am 

For #1, you can press F2 to enter rename mode. Since you have to use the keyboard anyway to type the new name in rename mode, it's something so trivial that you should get used to pressing F2. It's not hard to adapt to the new way in this case.

For #3, see if https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/2653385 helps you.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.