It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:47 am 

I do realize that Classic Shell is meant to make the start menu behave more like XP, along with Explorer, and while I do appreciate the XP style File Conflict dialog replacement option, I was curious if it was possible to implement a Windows 8+ File Copy UI replacement as an additional option into Classic Explorer alongside the XP option. I'm not big on Windows 8x and Windows 10 hates my hardware (or something, how ridiculous), but I was wondering if something like that could be considered if it's possible. Watching how fast it's transferring on a graph is...just yes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:16 pm 
Site Admin

Do you mean, implement it for Windows 7?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:45 pm 

Indeed. (Late reply, sorry) I mean, if it's at all possible.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

No, not possible - for the same reason as why the Classic Explorer UI doesn't work on Windows 8 and later. The dialog is functionally different, not just the way it looks. It is not possibly to simply replace the UI. What you ask is only possible if the entire copying engine is replaced.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:55 am 

Oh... Nevermind then. :( I can see why it would take more than just a visual replacement now that you mention it. Thanks for answering though.