It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:46 am 

well i dont need it portable and not all features just UP folder button

so you guys can understand what i need lets put it this way

i got 2 physical HDD's

1 for windows and 2nd for all data

i dont touch 2nd hdd with data
i just reinstall windows on 1st hdd

so its kinda important to me to have all programs as much portable as it can be so i dont waist time on installing and configuring software again and again after every reinstall

im able to add classic shell start menu.exe to startup and it lunch just fine
at 1st launch i just need to load my settings from .xml and that is perfectly fine with me and suits all my needs

problem is classic start explorer
i just wanna from it that UP folder button all other functions dont really matter to me

but problem is that in classic shell folder after installation i got only .exe for classic shell start menu settings for it and for classic explorer but there is no .exe file for classic explorer i could put in startup and so load settings for it from .xml

i just need that UP folder button and that would be perfectly enough for me

i just need someone to tell me how to autostart or where to launch classic shell explorer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:53 am 
Site Admin

It is not possible. Shell extensions must be installed. They don't start themselves. Windows Explorer looks for them in the registry and loads them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:46 pm 

Ivo wrote:
It is not possible. Shell extensions must be installed. They don't start themselves. Windows Explorer looks for them in the registry and loads them.

if what u say is true then its more than possible to do what i want

i would only need to know which files need to be put where
and which keys from registry i need to export

then i could create self extracting archive with that files which would extract them to my system and add option for reg files to auto-import registry keys so they would integrate with my registry

so i only ask does any 1 know which files and which registry keys?

dont get me wrong i dont want portable version

i just need to portablize installation process cause that folder would just stay in d:\Programs\Classic Shell

i just ask for which files and where
and which registry keys

thats all i ask for

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:58 pm 
Site Admin

ZeroX4 wrote:
then i could create self extracting archive with that files which would extract them to my system and add option for reg files to auto-import registry keys so they would integrate with my registry

Basically you are describing an installer :) Here's how you can run the installer in automated mode: http://www.classicshell.net/faq/#install_commands

If you insist on doing this manually, you can run the commands "regsvr32 ClassicExplorer32.dll" and "regsvr32 ClassicExplorer64.dll" from admin command prompt. They will register the two DLLs in the system.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:54 pm 

Ivo wrote:
ZeroX4 wrote:

Basically you are describing an installer :) Here's how you can run the installer in automated mode: http://www.classicshell.net/faq/#install_commands

If you insist on doing this manually, you can run the commands "regsvr32 ClassicExplorer32.dll" and "regsvr32 ClassicExplorer64.dll" from admin command prompt. They will register the two DLLs in the system.

well believe or not its not that simple

its not like i want to bypass installer or im to lazy to use it

its more like my brain is already so damaged from games and cartoons that it dont function properly ;)

but in short of it i got tons of other programs and waisting time on remembering what to click and what not to click while installing any program or app is impossible to me + always there comes after installation configuration that need to be done

and i just cant remember how i configured all programs before i reinstalled windows and configure them exactly the same and so i need to waist time on figuring that out

so in the end i try as much as i can to portablize every program i can

so far i portable or semi-portable this much stuff

and trust me it really saves allot of time

so i gonna check ur solution and thanks for ur time and ur help ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:31 pm 

ow main gotz

this is even better than i asked for

i was able to create bat file which not only make classic explorer work right away
but also made it load my settings with info u provided

in the end all i needed is to place this in .bat file

Code:
regsvr32 /S ClassicExplorer32.dll
regsvr32 /S ClassicExplorer64.dll
ClassicExplorerSettings.exe -xml "Explorer Settings.xml"
exit

mow i can install classic explorer and start menu with just 2 mouse clicks

thanks allot ;)