It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:31 am 

I wonder if anyone can help me either through Classic Explorer or FileMenuTools

I want to execute the command: dir /a /b /-p /o:gen >FileList.txt

or dir > /b >FileList.txt

to create a text list of all of the current folder's contents, r the selected folder's contents

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:49 am 

well, I created a Bat file instead, containing the line: dir /a /b /-p /o:gen >FileList.txt

In FileMenuTools i was able to select "Run a Program" then in "Program" browse to that Bat file, and name the New action "Create File Listing"

Right-Clicking a Folder and going to FileMenuTools>Create File Listing creates FileList.txt inside the selected folder containing the contents

but the Command Prompt Window Flashes, which is fine.. but would better if it didnt, if anyone knows how to stop that from happening, let me know, thanks..

I tried C:\Windows\shellexecute.exe /L:\David's Data\Computing\Bat Files\File Listing.bat but that didnt work.. and FilemenuTools doesnt seem to support VBScripts

And then, I tried putting both a BAT & a VBS in a new Classic Explorer button, as well as the straight dir > command, selected a folder then hit the new button, but all 3 didnt work

the VBscript was:

Dim WSHShell
Set WSHShell=WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WSHShell.Run """L:\Tenzen's Data\Computing\Bat Files\File Listing.bat""", 0

anyone know if thats possible?

anyway, i found one work around, just has the Cmd window pop up & disappear... but its ok if thats the best that can be done

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:56 am 

ok, I did it with Classic Explorer

I put this in the Command Box:

shellexecute.exe /F:L:\Tenzen's Data\Computing\Bat Files\File Listing.bat /R:hidden

and Bat file conents are: dir /a /b /-p /o:gen >FileList.txt

you dont need to select any folder, it will output the contents of the current folder to a txt right there

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:50 am 

but i'd still like the FilemenuTools context menu to work with this, if anyone knows how

typing shellexecute.exe /F:L:\Tenzen's Data\Computing\Bat Files\File Listing.bat /R:hidden into the Program field doesnt work...