It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:29 pm 

Hi Everyone

So glad I finally found this software. It really is great and fixes all the issues I had with the Windows Vista and 7 shells. I have one feature request though. Not sure if it has been discussed before and apologies if it has but one feature I have not seen is integration into browser download and upload windows. I use the latest version of Firefox so I don't know if it is only a firefox issue or not but when I want to download a file and I click save file (it asks me where to save) in the window that pops up all the extra classic shell features like the up arrow and the toolbar including file and edit, and cut, copy and paste buttons do not show up. Is it possible to get these to show up on the save downloads window through changing some setting? If not can this be implemented in the future?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:42 am 

http://www.classicshell.net/faq/#explorer_saveas

Basically no... unless you re-compiled a custom version of Firefox...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:32 am 

I see. Thought it would be possible since on every application the save as dialog looks the same and there are registry hacks for adding other things to the save as dialog.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:38 pm 

On a technical standpoint it is possible, as most programs use the same, or similar dialog, but it would potentially cause issues, especially if a program tried to do anything non-standard with that dialog. So IVO has decided against it

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:10 am 

I see. That is a shame. Trying to fix the save as menu was the reason I started searching for this sort or software in the first place. It would be good if it could be added in a beta of a future version of classic shell to try it out and see how much issues it does cause when it comes to other software. Or perhaps add an option that allows the user to choose which programs they want the save as dialog to be taken over by classic explorer. Quite different to how the software is set up now (and no doubt cause virus alerts if done wrong) but should eliminate any problems with compatibility to certain softwares.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:01 am 

A white-list would be quite effective sure (with the 100~ of the most common programs tested for compatibility and automatically added)
It would be entirely up to IVO and im sure he has seen this post (he has definitely seen this suggestion before)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:10 am 

A white list for save and open has been suggested before? Hmm I couldn't find another thread on this topic when I was searching on the forums. I guess I must not have known how to word it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:16 pm 

n00b2 wrote:
Hi Everyone

So glad I finally found this software. It really is great and fixes all the issues I had with the Windows Vista and 7 shells. I have one feature request though. Not sure if it has been discussed before and apologies if it has but one feature I have not seen is integration into browser download and upload windows. I use the latest version of Firefox so I don't know if it is only a firefox issue or not but when I want to download a file and I click save file (it asks me where to save) in the window that pops up all the extra classic shell features like the up arrow and the toolbar including file and edit, and cut, copy and paste buttons do not show up. Is it possible to get these to show up on the save downloads window through changing some setting? If not can this be implemented in the future?

Thanks

Download Microfox , download classic theme restorer , rightclick anywhere and pick customize them move following icons to the left Back forward reload home stop and downloads go to tools addons and properties for classic theme restorer use tabs not on top then you can also get download manager tweak for easier management of your downloads .
Do that and your firefox will kick ass and be easy to use