It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

Post subject: Preview Pane Resize Bar
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:39 pm 

Does anyone else have the hardest time resizing the Preview Pane? its like the double-sided arrow Icon shows when you put your mouse on it to resize it, then as soon as you click it, its suddenly not on the bar anymore and doesnt grab it for resizing

I cant remember if it was this difficult before installing Classic & QT, but does anyone know how to make that thing bigger & easier to grab?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:46 pm 

and you can actually see for yourself by left clicking and holding the mouse still, you get the double-arrow, but if the tip of the mouse is actually slightly on the vertical scroll bar, then as soon as you click, the double-arrow disappears and you start scrolling, without even the slightest of mouse movements at all...

and same thing to the right of the resize line... if the tip of your mouse is slightly in the preview pane, you still get the double-sided resizing arrow, but the moment you click you are inside the preview pane clicking air..

why would it even be turning to a double-sided arrow if its unclickable?

I cant imagine everyone is using their Windows 7 this way..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:03 pm 

i dont have to much trouble with it, but i could easily see it being troublesome to some, particularly elderly, or people with high DPI settings on there mouse, but yea its only like 5 pixels wide, and the space to the right of it, isnt even used so theres no reason they shouldnt have made it atleast twice as wide, the area you can click to drag

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:20 pm 

any idea of a registry setting to increase the width?

I'm a pretty Awesome FPS gamer, I can 180-spin to Headshot 5 pixels in the blink of an eye

I'm using a Microsoft Bluetrack Mouse, i dont think they are rated in DPI...or the DPI is somehow different.. i dont think it even mentioned DPI on the box... it Might be something like 1000, half of an average Gaming mouse.. but it somehow doesnt compare the same between technologies

My mouse settings are at Maximum Speed, I've heard turning the mouse speed to half makes it alot easier, but that would screw up all the rest of the things i use the computer for..

I also have "Increased Precision" enabled, which was also supposed to help with this problem

Maybe an older IR Optical mouse would work better.. not sure..

but it seems it would be pretty easy to resize if you knew where to look

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:49 am 

well duno about specifically, but im pretty sure 'increase precision' makes the cursor move even slower when you are moving the mouse slow, and probably moves it faster when it detects you swinging your mouse across the pad quickly.. so check to see if your mouse has settings to adjust this feature :P

as for registry i have no idea

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:54 am 

the mouse really sucks at fast speed with enhanced precision off.. hard to do anything precise really, from my testing..

It seems there is tricks for everything in explorer, hiding things, reducing the width around the window, etc.. just thought there might be a little program that does this too

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:47 am 

there may be but i dont know and not having a problem myself, havnt looked :P, some mouses have dpi buttons on them, but if your looking there may be a program that adjust dpi/scroll speed with a hotkey, so you can press a hotkey to toggle a less sensitive mouse, then repeat to un-toggle it.
googling :DPI Adjuster might yield some results ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:06 am 

well, i discovered my only real problem with it was having to move it at all...

I just turned it off.. i dont know why i didnt think of that earlier

Ever since I set QTTabs preview to around 850 that "pane's" been a real "pain".. just one of those things you suffer without paying attention to making it go away..

without QTTab though it'd totally suck... and I enjoy the extra space and not having to resize that stupid pane for every other folder..

thanks though

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:20 am 

np; my preview in QT broke XD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:57 am 

how did that happen? can it be fixed?

to tell u the truth, it froze on me one time when it was auto-playing a video i accidentally moused over too long..

If it happens again i'm disabling all of the Video Previews.. i only use it for Images anyway... although its the best media player i've ever seen.. i've never seen anything load so quickly and play so smoothly, I wish they had a stand-alone..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:09 am 

it just dissapeared one day.. on 2 separate computers, ive tried resetting to the default settings for QT, and ive tried re-install neither seem to do the trick, and ive reported the error, but with no idea how to reproduce.. its gonna be hard to fix :P

yea windows preview is a pain, i personally have 2 monitors, so i have it set to take up an entire monitor worth of space whenever i use it..., i wish there was an easy way to just preview fullscreen on my alternate monitor, without having to move, and adjust the preview panes size every time :P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:34 am 

Dual screen support for Preview in QTTab would be cool.. just tick an option to show the preview in full screen on Monitor 2.. but if you were using explorer on monitor 2 that might be a bit awkward.. it's have to able to know which monitor it was on and send it to the opposite monitor..

It already has the ability to Anchor it to the bottom right corner.. u could set it to top right and set the size to fill most or all of the screen.. just an option to select either of the screens would work,

Sounds a bit tricky... Did you click "Clear Image Cache", or try it without Rainmeter.. or without Classic Explorer? Maybe Uninstall, then CCleaner, then Restart, then CCleaner again, then Install? i'd be curious to know how/if you get it sorted out

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:19 am 

without rainmeter yes, cleared cashe inprogram yes, without classic shell yes, without classic shell installed no, i might try cccleaner some other time.. :P