It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:14 pm 

I am some issues with seeing the classic explorer. I have went through all the suggestions in the FAQ but I am still seeing this. What can I do? Thanks in advance.

http://imgur.com/kNFAm1S

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

Seems fine to me. The Classic Explorer toolbar is there in the top right corner.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:31 pm 

Classic Explorer is an Explorer add-on that makes changes to Explorer. It is not a standalone app and doesn't replace Windows Explorer.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:04 pm 

Hi, newbie here and this looked a good place to add my query. I had to reformat my Windows 7 laptop recently and after reinstalling ClassicShell (version 3.6.6.0) I cannot find the setting that will make the file attributes bar remain visible along the top in windows explorer no matter what icon size view I am using. Here is what I am trying to get...see this link > https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/251 ... ibutes.jpg
Before, when I was in any folder I was able to see this attributes bar at top whether the icon view was set at small icons, large icons, etc. Now I can only see the attributes bar when files are set in the 'Details' view and as soon as I change the view to large icons or list view etc then the attributes bar disappears. Thanks for any help with this.
:)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:28 pm 

@Ziva, Open Classic Explorer settings. In the search box of the settings window, type: sort. Check the option "Show sort headers in all views".

Compare Start Menus

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:02 am 

Thank you so much, got it sorted. I couldn't find a 'search box in a settings window' but found a tab called "File Pane" and was able to put tick at 'Show sort headers in all views'. Maybe I am still on an older version of program. All ok now anyway, thanks again! :-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:51 am 

The search box for the settings was added in Classic Shell 4. It is highly recommended that you upgrade. You can download the latest version here: http://www.classicshell.net/downloads/latest Your settings will be preserved.

Compare Start Menus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:55 pm 

Thank you, will get upgraded asap! :D