It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:02 pm 

Is there an option to bring old file image preview like the old on, i'm using Win8.1 64Bit

If not can you add it to the next version?, i used "OldNewExplorer" program to do it

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

The details pane in Windows 8 and newer versions of Windows is on the side, not at the bottom. I suspect that "OldNewExplorer" simply run the old Windows 7 version of Explorer.exe. Classic Shell works with the existing Explorer and can't change it that much.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:17 pm 

I will use both yours and "OldNewExplorer" then

Thanks for your great work

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:55 pm 

Ive never understood the UI decision for the image pane anyways... the smart developer would have made it overlay the bottom of the navigation pane, and slide down when the mouse/focus is given to the navigation pane. This way most images could be as tall as they need to be (just reserve a small chunk for the navigation pane with a tall image) and is only competing for horizontal space with the primary field instead of how the preview pane is currently competing with both navigation pane, and primary field

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:11 pm 

OldNewExplorer doesn't simply run Windows 7 Explorer to move the Details pane to the bottom. It does some clever in-memory patching of the code.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:29 pm 

Bumping an old topic as this is the reason I just signed up for this site. Detailspane which I found on my own but when it's there it's on the right. I can live with that but I prefer it at the bottom. And this "File Availability: Offline" couldn't care less about that, I don't "cloud" compute so I would love to see that detail gone.

So far am loving Classic Shell and will give the donation shortly. That's assuming I stick with Windows 10, which so far my fears of old programs (games mostly) not working have passed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:05 pm 

There is a lot of people that would very happy with that option.
No chance?