It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:05 am 

Hello everyone. I've been a satisfied user of Classic Shell for about 8-9 months now, but recently an issue has arisen. When I first installed Classic Shell, everything worked exactly as it should've, and I was very happy. Recently, however, the "Up" button, which I prize greatly, has disappeared on me in my Explorer windows! I went into Classic Shell, and the options are all still properly set, but no Up button. I tried disabling the Up button then re-enabling it, but it didn't work. I tried moving the Up button to before the Back/Forward buttons, but that didn't help either. I even tried downloading the most recent version of Classic Shell and installing that, but to no avail. I also tried un-installing Classic Shell and then reinstalling it, but still no good. The Up button just isn't there. I'm using Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 installed. This is really frustrating, especially since Classic Shell worked perfectly for so long before suddenly deciding to take away my Up button! Can anyone help me, please? Has anyone else had this issue too? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:16 am 

Sometimes IE disables Explorer's addons because the addon model is shared between the two. Try following the steps here: http://www.classicshell.net/faq/#explorer_toolbar

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:03 pm 

It worked! I just had to open IE and go to Tools --> Manage Add-Ons, and sure enough, Classic Shell had been disabled. All I had to do was enable it, and *ta-da!* all of the functions started working again (including the "Up" Button, thank goodness, lol).
Thanks so much for your advice! :-)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:36 am 

GauravK wrote:
иногда IE отключает Explorer addons потому что аддон модель является общей для двух. Попробуйте следующие действия, описанные здесь: http://www.classicshell.net/faq/#explorer_toolbar

Tell me where in Internet Explorer 11 is the Tools menu

Attachments:
Internet Explorer 11.jpg
Internet Explorer 11.jpg [ 23.69 KiB | Viewed 20525 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:15 am 

Дмитрий wrote:
Tell me where in Internet Explorer 11 is the Tools menu

Press F10 or Alt+T. Or press Alt+Space and enable the Menu bar. Or left click in the top left corner of the IE window and enable the menu bar from there.

Compare Start Menus

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:25 am 

Спасибо.
1. ваш форум на русском языке есть?
2. вопрос только на форуме можно задать или еще где-то?
3. почему на почту не приходят уведомления, что на форуме на мой вопрос ответили?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:08 am 
Site Admin

1. There is this: http://forum.ru-board.com/topic.cgi?forum=5&topic=32391 however don't expect me to reply there, especially not in Russian :)
2. This forum is the best place to get help with Classic Shell
3. I don't know. Click on the User Control Panel at the top-right corner and verify that your email is correct and double-check your notification preferences

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:55 am 

1. There is no official forum in Russian as neither Ivo nor I speak Russian.
2. It's best to ask any question in the forum.
3. There is a "Subscribe topic" link at the top, just below the New Topic button. Not sure if it works though. I remember some months ago users didn't receive an email and then a flood of emails suddenly got sent all at once.

Compare Start Menus