It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:55 am 

I have Classic Shell 4.0.2, running on Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64 bit). I have had Classic Shell ever since I got this Windows 7 computer a few years ago. It is a GREAT program, and I really appreciate it being written.

I have two problems related to Classic Explorer. They may have existed since I installed my first version--I really do not know.

1. I have added several of your Toolbar Buttons to my Toolbar. When I hover over the icon for most of them, I get a small window that tells me what the Button does. However, the following do NOT display the small window, and they have such a generic icon, that I cannot determine what function they perform: View Details, View Titles, Undo, Redo, Move to, and Copy to. Is there a problem with Classic Explorer here, or is there a setting which I have missed somewhere?

2. Your Help says: "After you place a button in the toolbar, you can edit it's attributes. Double-click on the button to edit:" If I double LEFT click, I just get the action (same as single left click). If I double RIGHT click, I get the Classic Explorer Settings menu (same as single right click). At no time do I get the edit screen as shown in Help. This problem exists with ALL of the buttons I have added to the Toolbar.

Any help would be appreciated. I searched the FAQ and this forum, and was not able to find anything on these problems.

Harry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:27 am 

To bring up the Edit Menu Item dialog, you must double click in the left column of the Toolbar Buttons tab of the Classic Explorer Settings window. Double clicking in the right column will add the items to the left column. Once you double click on any item in the left column, the Label field is one where you must type a name if you want the toolbar command names to show. Otherwise, if you only want the names to show in the tooltip when you hover over them, type the names in the Tip field. The "Command" field will tell you in the Edit Menu Item dialog, which command is which. For the ones that show a generic icon, that is normal - you must supply the icon yourself. You can find some icons here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozkb9av08hnol5n/Icons.zip

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:20 pm 

GauravK:

Thanks SO MUCH for the detailed info. It was obviously not clear to me.

I put text in the Tip fields, downloaded the icons.zip file, got exactly the icons that I want, and now everything works great.

And thanks for doing testing on the program. One reason Classic Shell works so well.

Harry