It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:37 am 

I am currently using Stardock Software's Start10. It seems to be similar except I need to pay for a license to use it. I am wondering if I would be better off uninstalling Start10 and installing Classic Shell. Or can they co-exist?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:51 pm 

Some features may work fine between them with the right settings. and it shouldn't hurt your system to try (there should be no lasting ill effects after one or the other is uninstalled)
Just note the menu's themselves wont somehow 'merge' but you can probably set it up where one hotkey opens start10 and another classic shell. (or clicking the start button for classic shell, and windows key for start10 ect)

http://www.classicshell.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2399
contains a (possibly outdated) comparison between various start menu programs.

If you already purchased start10; you might want to be careful with uninstall to preserve your license.. (I dont know for start10 specifically, but some programs can only be installed 1-3 times with the same license key)