It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

Post subject: Dissable options
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:12 am 

Hello,

I am using Classic shell v. 4,3,0. I need to use in on Windows 10 Enterprise v.1607 and I need to disable on user XXXXX to disable right click and options menu. I tryied some registeres, some options but nothing work properly.
I tryied Registers with "EnableContextMenu" value 0, "EnableContextMenu_Ddefault" value 0, "EnableSettings" value 0 and Context menu Enalbe right-click menu and still i can open options where user can change options and open internet conection, play games and do some stuff.

We are talking about some work terminals for workers and i need to block everything from start menu except log off and shutdown and stupid Windows 10 can't block it by GPO. Can someone give me any advice ?

Thanks a lot for any advice :)

Fakfull

Post subject: Re: Dissable options
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:53 am 

This is how your Registry should be configured (merge this REG). Note that the Settings in HKLM are in HKLM\Software\IvoSoft\ClassicStartMenu whereas the Settings in HKCU are in HKCU\SOFTWARE\IvoSoft\ClassicStartMenu\Settings subbranch. The same should work for any other Reg value including EnableSettings.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IvoSoft\ClassicStartMenu]
"EnableContextMenu_Default"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\IvoSoft\ClassicStartMenu\Settings]
"EnableContextMenu"=dword:00000001

After adding the Registry entries, make sure you log off your user account and login again or exit the Classic Start Menu (right click -> Exit) and start it again from C:\Program Files\Classic Shell\ClassicStartMenu.exe.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.