It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:04 am 

I haven't been able to find anything on this yet.

I used Classic Shell for a long time with Windows 8, and really liked it. I now have it set up with Win10, which I used for a long time in its native mode, but whose start menu I could never learn to love.

Here's an issue I have that really has to do with Windows, but which I'd like to see Classic Shell solve (if it hasn't already).

1. I like to have the task bar on the left side of my screen (this makes sense on wide monitors).
2. I have been using Windows since forever, and it's hard for me to get used to having the start button at the top of the screen!
3. Consequently, is there any way to rearrange the task bar so that the start button is at the bottom of the screen (opposite its usual location)?

In the best of all possible worlds, it would be nice to be able to relocate the clock and notification zones to the top of the start menu, opposite their usual location, but that may be dreaming.

Overall: the idea is that when the task bar is on the left side of the screen, the start button remains in the same position it would have if the taskbar remained at the bottom of the screen (bottom left corner).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:22 pm 

So, I'm confused. You want the start button to be on the bottom when you put it onto the left side of your screen? I think that may have been fixed. I tried that with my computer and the start button goes to the bottom.
Also, that's not really the problem with classic shell, it's just how Windows 10 works. Maybe, there could be a way to put the start button onto the other side using Classic Shell. I might ask Ivo about this.