It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:39 am 

Updated to Win10 yesterday and applied ClassicShellSetup_4_2_3 quite quickly so I don't know whether what I am experiencing was already like that before I applied CS. But here goes the list of my problems (probably all have the same single source):

- I cannot left click the speaker icon to get the volume control
- I cannot open the notification center .. neither via left nor right mouse click (context menu)
- I cannot unpin icons from the task bar (no right click menu)
- Search icon does nothing when I left-click it
- I cannot launch the regular windows start menu via the icon in the CS start menu
- If I shut down CS and left klick on the windows start icon nothing happens

Does anyone have an idea where to start looking for a fix? Setting up from scratch is not an option.

Cheers,
daniello

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:46 am 

If you right click the Start button and pick Exit and yet Windows 10 does not work normally, there is something wrong with your installation, which is not caused by Classic Shell.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:04 pm 

GauravK wrote:
If you right click the Start button and pick Exit and yet Windows 10 does not work normally, there is something wrong with your installation, which is not caused by Classic Shell.

Thanks for your feedback. In the meantime I found the source of the issue - namely permission errors either in the registry or in folders. Have gotten the startmenu and everything else to work.