It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:24 pm 

So it's the end of march... by old laptop's fan went out for the 2nd time and I've now been forced to plug in my christmas present.

Somehow I found this forum and I LOVE the idea of being able to MAKE my computer "almost" a Windows 7!!!

I'm not a computer idiot, but please help me understand Classic Shell before I take this piece of Win 8 junk to trade IN -- I do love the 17" screen and how lightweight it is, just despise 8

So knowing already Win 7 can't be installed (some machines now are only made for 8?).. tried, it won't work can Classic Shell still make it "look" like a normal computer instead of this i-pad, cutsey whatever they were thinking???

:-Wench trying to Work! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:43 pm 

personally i like w8 and it can be quite managable..
and yea some computers (mostly tablets) cant install w8 because of the processor...

classic shell can do a few things: add an advanced fully customizable start menu/button that more closely resembles windows xp than 7 (if you miss windows 7 exactly as it is there may be a few other products for you: startisback for example, brings back the start menu exactly as it was in windows 7, without anything new..

a few things classic shell cant do: inline menus (i prefer flyout menus anyways), searching the computer (instead it searches only the start menu, which isnt a problem when launching programs through it, but if you want to find something on your HDD you may have to open an explorer window, or deal with the search widget