It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:03 pm 

Hello,

I am having trouble with Classic Shell for Windows 10 uninstalling. I am using a Samsung Windows notebook, NP300V5A-AOGUS from July 2012, with Windows 7 Home Premium.

I am using a profile with administrator capabilities, but it is not the main profile. I uninstalled Classic Shell, before reading the glitches online and now the computer is being crazy.

I need help getting windows to find the router and recognize it. I am somewhat tech savvy, but not really. Any help would be appreciated. I can do screen shots if needed

Thank you!
Liv

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:12 pm 

I am currently on a ASUS running Windows 7 Home premium that is connected to wifi, with the other one in front of me. So I can use this one as a tutorial, or if there are specific basic tutorials, y'all could suggest. The other computer doesn't recognize half the computers devices/components and sometimes it just runs strings of text so i can't burn or transfer to a removable disk. Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

Classic Shell does not affect your router or your network connection in any way.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:13 pm 

Hi,

Yes, I understand that, the uninstall has just left the computer in a 1/2 Shell, 1/2 Windows and seemed to wiped a lot of my pathways to drivers, devices, etc. If I could just get one pathway to reinstall Classic Shell and then properly uninstall it.

Let me give you background.

1) This is not my computer, my father set it-up and was using it for scientific work.

2) He sent it to me to set-up for my mother, my mother just wanted to switch her laptop to a larger one so she can unplug all the hardware components and wanted basic Windows restored.

3)When I received it, I asked my father if he had removed all profiles and set me as administrator. He said yes, just uninstall Classic Shell.

4) I opened it and uninstalled Classic Shell, then restarted. When I restarted, I found I was not administrator and there were additional profiles, I was working with a basic profile that had administrative capabilities. I cannot access the administrator profile, as the password my father gave me is incorrect.

I am also waiting for my father to send me a back-up disk or the original system start-up disk, but he is in MT hunting.

So really any backdoor pathway, I am not a technical person myself, I normally have a tech person for my job, but I'm currently consulting, and do not have access to one.

Even if you could just suggest a thread I can search.

Thank you!