It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:15 pm 

Hello all! I though it'd be fun to take a crack at making some custom start buttons of my own and adding them to the collection on here. I'm new to this and am still learning, so they may not be as nice as the other buttons around, but I enjoyed making them and hope someone will enjoy using them. I had to upload the images to Photobucket for posting on here as I could not get the upload image button for the forum to work correctly for me for some reason (just posts broken images). Anyway, to save the buttons, just right click and choose to save the image as usual.

First, some Bubble Bobble themed buttons, featuring Bub and Bob and their bubbles. If you've ever played this wonderfully addictive retro arcade game, you may have noticed that the little dino bubbles start out as either green (for Bub) or blue (for Bob), then after a while they turn orange and red before popping. I tried to create a slight "squishy" effect when the bubble is touched by hovering and clicking.

Here's two more Bubble Bobble buttons, this time with Bub and Bob blowing their bubbles.

And now a couple more buttons, this time featuring the ChuChu from The Legend of Zelda series, specifically the style from The Windwaker.

There we go, enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:37 pm 

Nice work. I love the second one with the bubble subtley shrinking in the hover frame. BB was my favourite game back in the gameboy days.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:30 am 

Thanks for the nice retro-buttons. :)