It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:50 pm 

Inspirat-11 [Docked and floating 7 style versions]

I borrowed some of the borders from a GOM media player skin called "11 Inspirat" to make this start menu skin.
I've been using that GOM player skin for many years that imitates the original Windows Media Player version 11.

Here are the links to the player and player skin, so you know what I'm writing about:

https://download.cnet.com/GOM-Player/30 ... 51786.html

https://11-inspirat-gom-player-skin.en. ... tab-review

This start menu skin has a dark blue-black almost purple tint, almost like licorice color. Mmm... Twizzlers :lol:
There is no other color available. Too bad Win 10 "Dark" Explorer mode with its neutral color can't be adjusted to match this menu.
Who knows, maybe MS will add a dark mode tint option in future like they had in original media player 11.

I color modified the Win 8/10 start button to be blue most of the time instead of white, along with snappy action.
It doesn't have invisible pixels at the left corners of the start button, so Win+X menu can't be accessed with the mouse.
I notice on Windows 8, the taskbar image does not work properly on top/sides of the desktop. Someone has mentioned about it on Open-ShellGithub.

That's about it. :)

Oh yeah. I got lazy at the end.
In order to have alpha opacity floating menu with shadow in the correct side location,
would require making 24 extra menu bitmaps to burn a shadow onto them.
I skipped that idea, so no menu shadow on alpha opacity. The docked version skin shows menu shadow, as I didn't have to do anything.

An extra note about floating menu skin:
If on Windows 8 operating system without Aero glass mod from Big Muscle,
and if "Mild glass opacity" skin option is picked,
you will see a menu shadow in the wrong location.
Either disable menu shadow in the "Menu Look" tab settings or,
leave menu shadow enabled and turn on Aero glass option just below.
What happens is because there is no real glass blur effect available on default Win 8,
then the menu shadow appears in the correct location, and the inner menu area becomes lighter opaque grey.
This lighter grey menu happens on the docked skin version as well.
This lighter opaque menu is not available when on Win 10,
unless "Override glass color" FFEBEB is enabled, along with "Glass opacity" is set to 100

Attachments:
Inspirat 11.zip [413.73 KiB]
Downloaded 2574 times
Inspirat-11.png
Inspirat-11.png [ 115.52 KiB | Viewed 35330 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:13 pm 

Note about Gom player:

Dang, it!
Before I made the original post, I was using an old version (about 5 years old) of Gom player which works fine on Win 10.
To make sure the Gom Inspirat skin still worked, I installed a newer Gom player version. Skin still works,
but now I get one of their web site ads every once in a while, even when unchecking update boxes in the Gom settings.

Either add Gom web site to your adblocker or download an older Gom version. I'm now using 2.2.69 version:

http://www.digital-digest.com/software/ ... story.html

Select Download the file without their download manager, to avoid extra miscellaneous garbage installations.