It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Love it
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:38 pm 

Knocks the original Win 10 Start Menu out of the park!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:08 pm 

this program is a gem!

PLEASE, keep it free!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:01 am 

Absolutely awesome! Used to use it on Windows 10 and it worked like a charm, made Win10 experience a lot better and smoother. I hated the windows 10 however so went back to Win7 and now I'm using Classic Shell in win7 too :) I love the ability of customisation etc etc. Great!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:00 pm 

Ty for all

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:51 am 

Thanks for the program! Really Happy to Here! :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:12 pm 

I absolutely love Classic Shell....being a W7 user for years (since it was introduced) using CS on the new W10 was a god send, when I first installed W10 I couldn't even find the Control Panel :lol: then I heard about CS thru a friend and haven't looked back :roll:

Thanks guys & gals you really made the windows experience 'Great Again' to coin a phrase we've heard here lately :shock:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:39 am 

Thank you

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:01 am 

What I don't understand is why a highly talented group of programmers haven't been hired to program an operating system that actually is stable & just works so we computer users can get on with the items we want to do rather than worrying if our computers will keep working. A great job of providing something that keeps on working through whatever Microsoft throws at it. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:58 am 

Thank you for Classic Start Menu!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:34 pm 

Thank you for Classic Shell! This is the most awesome fix for the horrible Windows 10 start menu. I donated and I hope others do as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:56 am 

[b]Thanks.[/b] What a great useful utility in a world full bloated crap software.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:57 am 

Thank you so much for this program! Now my OS is perfect! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:09 am 

brilliant!!! thank you!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:26 pm 

Thank you very much for making my windows experience so much better

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:12 pm 

I can't thank you enough for what you've done for us with Classic Shell and Classic Start Menu. When Windows came out with 8/8.1 and their awful idea to replace the Start Menu with a child-like bunch of disorganized, oversized color blocks known as buttons, I was pretty much in shock. I thought, "Excuse me, Microsoft, but our computers are NOT just oversized phones!" Nothing made any sense and it was taking me an inordinate amount of time trying to locate anything I used with any amount of frequency. I wanted my Start Menu back, darn it, and I would have paid to get it back!

Enter Classic Shell and the wonderful, hard-working people who programmed this gem. With my disability and its effects, you can't imagine just how much Classic Start Menu has improved my quality of computing. I am sooo grateful for all of you and I hope it will be a good long time before you lose interest. For me, Classic Shell is one of only a handful of programs I have used throughout my LIFE time that I'd happily pay yearly for. After reading the very first post in this thread, I realized we could give donations and I am so happy to count myself among the giving! Thank you ALL for a really great program. You have made a whole lot of people a whole lot happier on their computers! :) xo

"Whatever it takes..."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:25 am 

TL;DR Get it right now if you hate Windows 10's start menu/screen or Windows 8's start menu.

A must have for the Windows 10 "upgrade" which I only got for DirectX 12. Windows 10's UI was clearly designed for phones and tablets with the big blocky start screen, and were they on drugs designing the new start menu - its area to pin stuff to is blocky (which makes it only good for tablets/smartphones) but the all apps has a normal menu (which makes it only good for PC)
Classic Shell brings back the familiar Windows 7 start menu. Eventually, you forget about it because the start menu it adds is so familiar. It gives a decent ver- wait, I don't need to describe it! It's the Information Age, I can just link pictures: click me! And if you don't like the style of that, you can change the style! You can also reskin it! Also, you can change how to open classic menu or normal menu!
And that isn't it all! Classic Explorer options are available! And last, but not least, Classic IE options! (which many of us will never need because IE is inherently rubbish)
Also, all features are optional and can be turned on or off at will.

Onto some ratings.
Ease of use: 200%
Familiarity: 9001%
Customizability: 100.1%
Should-Come-With-Windows-10-ness: 110%
Overall: (awesomeness scale maxes out and explodes)
Pricing: Free
Value for money: N/A

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:48 pm 

I've been using classic shell for years on windows 8 (now 8.1), and more recently on windows 10. This program is what makes the newer windows operating systems usable. Microsoft should be ashamed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:13 pm 

I know I just griped about some Group Policy nitpicks in a thread I started, but this is seriously a fantastic piece of software. Our lab computers in our University have never looked so slick. And the fact that using Group Policy is even an option(!!!!!). Incredible.

Most importantly, however, all shortcuts in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu are showing up. I can NOT believe that the idiots at Microsh*t have still not configured their start menus to display all program shortcuts in their start menu. (At least on 10 LTSB 2016). After working with Windows 10 regularly for a couple years now, I can say that Microsoft's Windows 10 start menu is fragile and buggy as heck. What an effing joke.

This saved my hiney, looks natural and slick, and I'm looking forward to the compliments on the choice to use it from my boss & co-workers.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:45 am 

Thank you very much for this useful program.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:00 am 

Fantastic piece of work, not only better than the new Windows start menus but better than the old ones. The more I use it the faster it gets as I can customise it to show exactly what I want it to. It's even got me navigating the menu with just the keyboard which I never would have thought of even back in the Windows 95 days. Lightweight, fast, customisable and slickly integrated, what more do you need? Donated with thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:09 am 

...AND it doesn't patronise the user by taking away essential funtionality. Every option you could need is in there, nothing is taken out for the sake of brand consistency or to make room for big dopey touch screen buttons, unlike what we are fed from the big software companies these days...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:46 pm 

Des71 wrote:
I was in a position to find a new laptop for my mother who is not computer savvy. Her previous laptop had Windows 7, and I knew she would be confused and frustrated like myself by Windows 8. I needed to make her new laptop look and function as much like Windows 7 as possible. With the help of Classic Shell she really likes her new laptop. Without your software that would not have been the case. Thank you very much.

I also used a program called "Old New Explorer" that brought back many things that were pre 8 Like the details pane being at the bottom and replacing the ribbon with the action bar from 7 and vista, among other features. I recommend using that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:55 pm 

tlveik wrote:
Thank you for Classic Shell! This is the most awesome fix for the horrible Windows 10 start menu. I donated and I hope others do as well.

I wonder if it also fixes other things wrong with windows 10. like random minimizing.

Post subject: A big thank you!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:18 am 

I just wanted to say a big thank you to the Classic Shell team. I was forced to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 due to Win7 not directly supporting the new Ryzen processor I now use. I didn't really like the new Win10 tile interface and was ecstatic to find Classic Shell and the fact to worked so well. With add-on themes from the forum (Full Glass Vistalike RevB), I was able to change the start button and menus easily. Looks great! Having a link at the top to go back to the original Win10 interface (the "Start Menu (Windows)" link is a great just-in-case measure. This is an awesome utility. I'll be donating right after this post.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:10 pm 

Thank you so much! Your software is absolutely amazing! Now with the ability to skin the taskbar, you have perfected Classic Shell! AMAZING!! :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:23 am 

is it possible to donate with euros? also i seen classic shell in 2014 without knowing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:06 pm 

Yes, paypal will take care of the conversion automatically... (i think they take 1%-2% more off the top for this though)

Post subject: it is very convenient
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:40 am 

The Classic Shell can be customized for almost any corner of the beginning with a single (and even adjust resource management and IE browser) much deeper than the system itself (can also search for settings), especially to support Simplified Chinese, Very easy to use. It provides three different nostalgic styles, such as Windows XP classic style, Windows Vista classic two-column style, Windows 7 two-tier evolution style, but also can replace your favorite "Start" button patterns. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:33 pm 

Strepsis wrote:
The Classic Shell can be customized for almost any corner of the beginning with a single (and even adjust resource management and IE browser) much deeper than the system itself (can also search for settings), especially to support Simplified Chinese, Very easy to use - it saves the translation efforts. It provides three different nostalgic styles, such as Windows XP classic style, Windows Vista classic two-column style, Windows 7 two-tier evolution style, but also can replace your favorite "Start" button patterns. :roll:

Yes I also love the Simplified Chinese support part! Localization and Language compatibility is always important for a product with international users. :-)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:08 pm 

This program is and always will be a great Start Menu Replacement for Windows Systems, I hope rob55rod manages to fill the hole the loss of Classic Shell will create, and Classic Shell will be dearly missed.

Thank you for everything, Ivo and co.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:36 am 

One would think with responses as great as this, M$ would get it; stop making their O/S look like a toy idiot phone full of teenage icons. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:23 pm 

The thing is, for many windows 10 start menu is actually nice, because they are accustomed to android on the phone, its an easy transition. and those who arent are more likely to be tech literate (and thus hooked on the old ways) and can solve the issue..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:01 am 

We don't live without Classic Shell anymore.

A great set of features, and it even has PolicyDefinitions.zip on its folder with all needed admx files for Group Policy deployment on domain environments. A must!

Huge thanks and please keep up your outstanding work!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:52 am 

Thanks for Classic Shell
Happiness to all, forever more.

Bye Bye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:23 pm 

If it wasn't for Classic Shell, I would still be using XP (or at least trying to). ;)