It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Forum rules


Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:46 pm
Posts: 2
Fans of classic design noticed that in Windows 7 on the classic theme does not work graphical acceleration. Drawing of the window 2D-interface deals exclusively with the CPU CPU, the GPU video processor - is not involved. This fact has turned the simplest, fastest and most comfortable classic theme - into the slowest.

Solution options:
1) Develop a classic theme with the properties of the aero-theme - then the acceleration of the GPU will be involved
2) patch the system so that acceleration on the classic theme does not turn off

There are several solutions to point 1, but none of them fully satisfies. In aero-topics there are limitations that do not allow to realize a theme that is 100% identical to the classical one.

Therefore, we appeal to the developer of "Classic Shell" with a request To study this issue and find a solution "2" - at the patch level of the system file.
PS There is information that this "disconnect" acceleration on the classic theme is in the DWM.exe file.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:09 pm
Posts: 664
You can already to this on Windows 8 or newer... xd

_________________
TILES WOOOOOO


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:34 am
Posts: 224
As Splitwirez said, one can easily use Classic theme with DWM acceleration under Windows 8 and newer. It is not possible as of now under Windows 7.

My Windows 8.1:



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:34 am
Posts: 224
Of course, we always in support of inclusion of this functionality in Classic Shell, rather than using other methods, though this is unlikely.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:46 pm
Posts: 2
Thanks for the answer. But the solution for Windows 8 - I'm not interested.
I'm looking for a solution for running acceleration in the classic theme for Windows 7


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:06 pm
Posts: 9
Classic is a very 'bad' performance theme. I know that graphics performance on the desktop is worse without "Aero", because some hardware acceleration is disabled in that mode.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:34 am
Posts: 224
felix1 wrote:
Classic is a very 'bad' performance theme. I know that graphics performance on the desktop is worse without "Aero", because some hardware acceleration is disabled in that mode.


On Win8 you can use Classic theme with hardware acceleration.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:06 pm
Posts: 9
Anixx wrote:
felix1 wrote:
On Win8 you can use Classic theme with hardware acceleration.



w8classic - This solution does not work for Windows 7.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:06 pm
Posts: 9
Anixx,

Is there a similar program for Windows 7?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:34 am
Posts: 224
felix1 wrote:
Anixx,

Is there a similar program for Windows 7?


No. There is no corresponding memory area on Win7, by deleting or modifying access rights to which we can trigger classic theme on Win8 and Win10.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:03 pm
Posts: 107
I think that they can use windows blinds, that would give the classic theme on windows 7 & keep gpu/hardware acceleration.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:06 pm
Posts: 9
redblade8 wrote:
I think that they can use windows blinds, that would give the classic theme on windows 7 & keep gpu/hardware acceleration.



I did not find "classic theme windows 7" for Windows Blinds.
Do you have this theme?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:06 pm
Posts: 9
Anixx wrote:
felix1 wrote:
Anixx,

Is there a similar program for Windows 7?


No. There is no corresponding memory area on Win7, by deleting or modifying access rights to which we can trigger classic theme on Win8 and Win10.




The solution you proposed for Windows 8 does not work with Windows 7. Besides, the way it works with Windows 8 leaves much to be desired, because a lot of control elements do not look classically at all, moreover, the color scheme does not match the classic one in 50% of the sites.

This is some kind of perversion, not a classic interface. If you forgot how the real classic theme looks - install Windows XP or Windows 7 and get a look at these ones.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:09 pm
Posts: 664
felix1 wrote:
The solution you proposed for Windows 8 does not work with Windows 7.

Yes, but it's we have to offer.


felix1 wrote:
Besides, the way it works with Windows 8 leaves much to be desired, because a lot of control elements do not look classically at all,

Same deal with Windows 7, and aside from the Metro UI stuff, a lot of that can actually be fixed.

felix1 wrote:
moreover, the color scheme does not match the classic one in 50% of the sites.

That's what the included deskn.cpl tool is for ._.
Don't believe me regarding the colours? Here, have a screenshot of my desktop from when I was using the tool a few weeks ago:

(Start9 not included, obviously...I'm still working on that :lol: )


felix1 wrote:
This is some kind of perversion, not a classic interface. If you forgot how the real classic theme looks - install Windows XP or Windows 7 and get a look at these ones.

It is the real Classic Theme. If anything's a "perversion", it's the Classic Theme out-of-the-box in Windows Vista/7 - just look at all the Aero-styled bits! :lol:

_________________
TILES WOOOOOO


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:34 am
Posts: 224
felix1 wrote:
The solution you proposed for Windows 8 does not work with Windows 7. Besides, the way it works with Windows 8 leaves much to be desired, because a lot of control elements do not look classically at all,

Which ones?

felix1 wrote:
moreover, the color scheme does not match the classic one in 50% of the sites.

What "sites" and what Internet has to do at all regarding Classic Theme?
Quote:
This is some kind of perversion, not a classic interface. If you forgot how the real classic theme looks - install Windows XP or Windows 7 and get a look at these ones.


It is real classic theme and you can use any color scheme you want, including the one from Win2000.
See also my screenshot above.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:06 pm
Posts: 9
Anixx

"sites" = "places", "locations"
Combo Box, List Box and color scheme in 50% of the interface is not classic.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:34 am
Posts: 224
You can use any color scheme you prefer, the colors are stored in registry. If you want everything Win2000-like, you can do it.



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:03 pm
Posts: 107
You don't search for 'classic theme & windows 7', the theme just has to work with windows blinds, so just search for classic theme.
Here is a windows blinds theme that has windows 95/98 classic theme, which is what you want. https://www.wincustomize.com/explore/windowblinds/8628/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:06 pm
Posts: 9
redblade8 wrote:
You don't search for 'classic theme & windows 7', the theme just has to work with windows blinds, so just search for classic theme.
Here is a windows blinds theme that has windows 95/98 classic theme, which is what you want. https://www.wincustomize.com/explore/windowblinds/8628/



Unfortunately, this theme is not suitable.
- This theme is not completed and has much bugs.
- Alas, but this style Windows 95 (elements, colors).
I need to get the classic style of Windows 7.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:03 pm
Posts: 107
I didn't notice, and still don't see the difference between the windows classic for windows 7 when it came out in 2009, and the classic theme for windows 95/98 which I linked. You can change the title bar colors in windows 7 to look exactly like the windows 95/98 theme that I linked. If it has bugs, then I suppose that it's not fully developed then. If you can change the colors in windows blinds, that'd be nice to have.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:09 pm
Posts: 664
redblade8 wrote:
I didn't notice, and still don't see the difference between the windows classic for windows 7 when it came out in 2009, and the classic theme for windows 95/98 which I linked. You can change the title bar colors in windows 7 to look exactly like the windows 95/98 theme that I linked. If it has bugs, then I suppose that it's not fully developed then. If you can change the colors in windows blinds, that'd be nice to have.

The edges of things are pure black and white in 95, but in 2K and newer, they're softer greyish shades.

_________________
TILES WOOOOOO


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:06 pm
Posts: 9
redblade8

Classic Theme Windows 95



Classic Theme Windows 7


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:03 pm
Posts: 107
Thanks splitwirez. It's such a small difference that I don't notice. I still don't notice the difference by looking at the pictures that Felix posted.
I'm pretty sure that you can make the titlebar have the same gradient colors as windows 7 has instead of just the blue. I know that windows 98 had that.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:06 pm
Posts: 9
If you do not understand the problem then why are you answering?
The difference between classic theme ("win95" with "win7") is obvious.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group, Almsamim WYSIWYG Classic Shell © 2010-2016, Ivo Beltchev.
All right reserved.