It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:45 am 

Hello!

Thanks for this great app! 8-)
Please: I would like , if it is possible, a reset button to set all options to Windows 7/8 default ones. This is in order to get Windows 7 (or 8, depends of the OS version) all default settings for all user profiles (back to Windows start menu by one single click, hide the Classic Explorer bar, originals file conflict dialogs, "always show more details" option uncheck...) except mine which will have Windows XP parameters and behavior I'll set.

Thank you in advance for your answer and have a nice day! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:22 am 

There is a "Backup" button (to the left of OK/Cancel buttons) on every tab of the Settings of any component from where you can reset all settings to their defaults. To reset individual settings, right click them and select the option to reset it. If you want to go back to Windows defaults, uninstall Classic Shell or remove individual components. You can also disable the Classic Explorer and Classic IE components from Internet Options -> Programs tab -> Manage addons and disabling the addons there.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:15 am 

GauravK wrote:
There is a "Backup" button (to the left of OK/Cancel buttons) on every tab of the Settings of any component from where you can reset all settings to their defaults. To reset individual settings, right click them and select the option to reset it.
As I can see, just after ClassicShell is installed, there are some options (such as File Operation -> Replace file conflict dialog) already set like Windows XP appearance or behavior. So even if I reset this settings, I can't get Windows 7 (or 8) default ones because reset will change only options with font in bold?

GauravK wrote:
If you want to go back to Windows defaults, uninstall Classic Shell or remove individual components. You can also disable the Classic Explorer and Classic IE components from Internet Options -> Programs tab -> Manage addons and disabling the addons there.
If I understand well, no way to get Windows XP appearance and behavior with classic shell abilities for one user profile and set other user profiles to all Windows 7 (or 8) default options? :shock:
This is I can do with Classic Start Menu replacing Classic Start Menu registry entry (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run by HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run) but I can't do this with Classic Explorer.
Did I miss anything?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:23 am 

Sure but could you not uncheck the ones you don't want? Everything can't be disabled by default.

Browser Helper Objects (addons for IE/Explorer) can't be per-user because of this: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... 49063e48e/

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:45 am 

GauravK wrote:
Sure but could you not uncheck the ones you don't want? Everything can't be disabled by default.
I just found this tip but I don't know, for all Windows 7 appearance or behavior, which are default or not.

GauravK wrote:
Browser Helper Objects (addons for IE/Explorer) can't be per-user because of this: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... 49063e48e/
Thanks for information.