It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

Post subject: Text Shadows
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:23 pm 

Now that patterns are part of classic shell, I thought I would re-visit the idea of Text shadows to increase legibility, on dynamic backgrounds

Post subject: Re: Text Shadows
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:24 am 

Text glow exists. You can just make the glow colour black. Only problem is, you need a 3rd-party Visual Style (and possibly Aeroglass 8.1+, idk) for it to work on Windows 8 and newer ._.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:07 pm 

I remembered that shortly after the post, but my request is still valid for 8-10 :P
even if it's not a particularly easy one to fulfill. I believe the need is greater than ever (with so many people on windows 8+) When I first posted this request; windows 8 was new and didn't have the same # of installs it does now (combined with windows 10) This combined with the new tile features making custom backgrounds more practical than ever. really ramps up the need for readability.

As always it's still IVO's decision. I just thought I would re-visit the idea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:46 pm 

Jcee wrote:
I remembered that shortly after the post, but my request is still valid for 8-10 :P
even if it's not a particularly easy one to fulfill. I believe the need is greater than ever (with so many people on windows 8+) When I first posted this request; windows 8 was new and didn't have the same # of installs it does now (combined with windows 10) This combined with the new tile features making custom backgrounds more practical than ever. really ramps up the need for readability.

As always it's still IVO's decision. I just thought I would re-visit the idea

Um...okay, I guess...

Jcee wrote:
the new tile features

OH COME ON >:C
...is my thread about that invisible or something? D:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:50 pm 

Looks like about 40% of windows machines are on windows 8+, and about 50% on 7, with 10% everything else :P

so 7 still has 10 beat by a significant margin.. but that is still ALOT of users who would benefit from such a feature...

@ tiles
:P I meant PATTERNS my bad. (and I think I recall your thread, but if you wanted to give it more exposure you could always bump it :P I read all the unread post every-so-often (and pick through interesting topics daily)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:15 am 

Jcee wrote:
Looks like about 40% of windows machines are on windows 8+, and about 50% on 7, with 10% everything else :P

so 7 still has 10 beat by a significant margin.. but that is still ALOT of users who would benefit from such a feature...

True, but as stated above, the right conditions can restore text glow ._.

Jcee wrote:
@ tiles
:P I meant PATTERNS my bad. (and I think I recall your thread, but if you wanted to give it more exposure you could always bump it :P I read all the unread post every-so-often (and pick through interesting topics daily)

Oh, I wasn't sure I could bump it...

kgood, bumping thread now :V

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:36 am 

Yea.. but aero glass 8.1 isn't free... and hooks quite deep into your system...

Also this forum is pretty lax, so if you don't spam or post nudity you should be alright ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:19 am 

Jcee wrote:
Yea.. but aero glass 8.1 isn't free... and hooks quite deep into your system...

Aeroglass 8.1 is available for free, you just have to pay to remove the watermark and once-or-twice-daily upgrade nags. Really not that big of a deal, especially if you just do what I did:

:lol:

Jcee wrote:
Also this forum is pretty lax, so if you don't spam or post nudity you should be alright ;)

Yeah, I know. My concerns were less due to lack of information and more due to paranoia :/