It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:39 am 

I searched the forum several times looking for anything about taskbar icons, but didn't see anything.

I like Classic Shell and it's been a big blessing to me in both Win 8.1 and now 10. However in Win 10, the taskbar icons are smaller than Win 8 and older. I currently use a utility call "7+ Taskbar Tweeker" that has an option to "use large taskbar icons in Win 10", and the utility runs at all times in the background in order to keep the taskbar icons at the requested size.

StartIsBack++ has the same feature as 7+, and it runs better because somehow it does it a lower level, and when Windows starts, the taskbar icons are immediately the right size, whereas with the 7+ utility it can take a little bit for the adjustment to be made.

In my opinion the taskbar is part of the "shell", I request you to add this feature.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:22 pm 

Its alot of work for a feature, already available on freeware; (popular freeware even, with a host of other cool features)
Its best not to mess with things that can already be done for free (even if it takes a whole 10 seconds after startup for it to happen)

If you really want that extra 10 seconds, maybe you can use task scheduler to get 7+taskbar tweaker to run at startup instead of login

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:36 pm 

Fair enough. I wasn't aware it was a large amount of effort; I though that perhaps since StartIsBack++ included it that it might be fairly easy.

No worries, but I do think the taskbar is still worthy of consideration since it's part of the "shell".

Thanks for the reply.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:49 pm 

Consideration Sure; however classic shell doesn't actually replace the windows shell :P it just augments it. so having total control can be tricky at times. I dont actually know how difficult it would be, Im just stating that a solution is already available, in a piece of compatible freeware.. too much modification to the taskbar might break compatibility in unexpected ways.. Though Classic shell has been moving towards the taskbar in the last few updates (with a customizable skin and transparency), Those features were likely checked, and/or modified for compatibility with 7+

Also my suggestion to start with taskscheduler probably wont work; however this should:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/how-to-start-program-before-user-logon-windows-7/2bff97c4-c037-437c-9fa7-b143a3ae5189?auth=1