It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:17 pm 

There's a problem in Windows Explorer that's been around since at least Win7.
The problem occurs if you're using the 'List' view, and you're browsing inside of a folder with lots of files..
When trying to double-click on a file on the far right side of the screen, Explorer registers the first click, then auto-scrolls to the right, putting the column with the file that you just tried double-clicking right smack in the middle of the screen!
You'll then have to double-clik on the file/folder once more to execute or to open it.

I've seen plenty of posts regarding this problem, but all answers that I've seen from M$ representatives on the issue, have been utter nonsense, like they don't have a clue what you're talking about!

Here's a couple of examples:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... d6a44691f/
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 988b478a3/

Anyway, it would be nice if it was possible to include a fix for this "bug" under Classic Shell's Classic Explorer settings.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:34 pm 

Yes it is a known Explorer bug but the right pane of Explorer uses an undocumented control called ItemsView so modifying its behavior isn't possible.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:25 am 

Thanks for your quick reply.
I kinda suspected as much. :(
It's amazing to me how M$ can break basic functionality of one of their most important component, and do absolutely nothing about it!
Also, there is this really annoyng thing with files and folder names, where you can't directly change the names from lowercase to uppercase, without having to mess around!