It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

Post subject: I hate Windows 8!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:18 am 

Two of my sons and myself just got new laptops and we are finding Windows 8 to be unacceptably frustrating! I am an electrical engineer and one of my sons had good technical skills.

Classic Shell has been a Godsend! Thank you!!!

However, I am personally hoping there is a way to address the two most annoying features of Win 8.

1) The upper right method of getting to the Search/Share/Start/Devices/Settings Menu. It keeps appearing randomly. When I try to get rid of it I often end up back at the home screen (with all the tiles showing). It is possible to stop this from appearing at all?

2) I am also having issues with my pointer taking off (usually vertically up) when I click a button. It may be that my finger or thumb is touching the touchpad with my thumb when I click. I have used Windows from 3.1 on and never had this issue. I have disabled all the weird Lenovo/Synaptics pointer options and cannot make it stop.

Thanks to all the Classic Shell developers. I was about to return the computer and get one with Win 7. Sucks that XP is no longer being supported!

Post subject: Re: I hate Windows 8!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:02 pm 

as for the search,share ect. click the all settings button at the bottom, then go to the windows 8 tab, and select dissable active corners - alll

as for the mouse issue, its probably a trackpad issue as you stated :P, i havnt had that issue b4 with a mouse, but trackpads tend to do that :P especially if you try double clicking on the trackpad instead of the physical buttons your laptop may or may not have..

NOTE to IVO: wondering if your next version will have radio buttons for just the other active corners (like you have an option to just disable start screen, why not one to just disable the search bar, ect) to; i personally use all, but i know that it would be extreemly easy to code, and might help some people

also in w8 when you right click on the start screens button you get a little power menu similar to the start menu, it would be nice to have that menu show up above the "== Classic Start Menu==" when you right click your start button., maybe with some customizations because the tools menu really seems like a good idea for things like shutdown,logoff,taskmanager ect