It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:31 am 

Hello, I would like to have the default focus set on the navigation pane right after I open windows explorer (windows key + e) so I can browse through the partitions/folders with my arrow keys (^, V, <, >).

Now, once I start the explorer (windows key + e) I see the contents of My computer (partition C, partition D, DVD, removable discs etc.) and once I move the arrow keys I'm switching the focus between the displayed items. What I would like instead is to have the focus directly set at the navigation so I can browse freely without having to switch the focus 4 times (4 x tab key ) once I open the explorer (windows key + e).

I'm sorry if the settings/functionality I'm looking for are already available and I would appreciate it if someone can point them out to me. I've been googling for this for ages (since I switch from WinXP to Win7) but perhaps I'm not using with the correct keywords. I've googled online and searched the forum before I opened this thread since it appeared unreasonable to piggyback on another member's thread. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:36 am 

This thread might help: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2069

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:04 am 

GauravK wrote:
This thread might help: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2069

cheers mate. thank you very much.