It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

Post subject: Classic Taskbar
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:40 pm 

I'd like a Classic Taskbar part of this suite. It should be able to skin the Taskbar the way it skins the the start menu: Make it look more like older version of Windows. I don't like like the way Windows 7 combines the Quick Launch that opens the programs with the program when it's open. I'd also like to be able to remove the show desktop from the system tray and put the classic icon in Quick Launch. And I know Windows 7 already lets you not group icons, but when you mouse over something on the Taskbar that there's more than one of open, it'll still give you the list. I'd like to hide that as well. Oh, and make the Classic Taskbar skinable like Classic Start Menu is, where I can, say, make it look like XP. That way it'll match the Start Menu. I really love Classic Shell, and this would make me love it more. Keep up the good work!

Post subject: Re: Classic Taskbar
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:16 pm 

Use 7+ Taskbar Tweaker: http://rammichael.com/7-taskbar-twekaer ... 1-update-1. It allows nearly every feature that the classic Windows Taskbar had. Refer to these blog posts to get back classic Taskbar behavior: http://winaero.com/blog/tag/taskbar/

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:49 pm 

Thanks, I'll check that out. But wait... you had Classic Taskbar made and then got rid of it? Why?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:41 pm 

No. Taskbar modifications are not part of Classic Shell except for one setting to disable its transparency.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.