It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:34 am 

On Windows7 some aplications can show a recent list in the right collumn of the start menu

I would like an extension that use this capability to create a kind of submenu in the start menu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:22 am 
Site Admin

These lists are called "jumplists", and should be supported already for applications that are pinned to the main menu.
Is it possible you have disabled the feature? Look for a setting named "Enable jumplists" in the Main Menu tab.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:41 am 

Hi
Jumplists works fine
My request was to have expandable entries
e.g. an entry where the jumplist contained apps

Thanks
Jens

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:04 am 

Jumplists are controlled by Windows and so they include only per-app documents. They are only shown by the Start Menu. Classic Start Menu does not modify their contents. You can instead pin a folder to the Start menu that expands like jumplists do: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1666 Then you can put as many app shortcuts inside that folder as you want.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:59 pm 

I tried the instruction you gave on the other thread but when clickking the new folder I just open explorer on that folder no menu

I am not really sure what you mean by "work only for the Start Menu folder, not for the Pinned folder" as it seem like I can only add it in the "pinned" area

I also tried "Customize Start Menu" as a workaround but it seems like that have no effect I always see the standard Window 7 style and items

PS I am on Windows 7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:22 pm 

First you have to set the Pinned Programs folder option from the Main Menu tab in Start Menu Settings to "Start Menu folder". Did you do that as that thread mentions? :)

Compare Start Menus

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:26 am 

I thourght I did that but it sems like this setting is set per "Start Menu Style" so after switching "Start Menu Style" to "Windows 7" it was not set
anyway it did not help to set "Pinned Programs folder" to "Use Start Menu folder" (tried restart too)

As I mentioned before "Customize Start Menu" also have no effect, maybe not so clear neither have "Start Menu Style", I wonder if there are some problem starting classicshell, is there a logfile I can check?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:14 am 

Since you are on Windows 7 and no settings are working for you even if they are configured correctly, maybe the menu that is opening is the Windows 7 menu and not the classic one? Both look very identical. :) To make sure you are seeing the Classic Start Menu and not the Windows 7 Start Menu, go to the Controls tab in Classic Start Menu settings (right click the Start button -> Settings) and assign the correct options to open "Classic Start Menu". The current 'Left click opens' and 'Windows key opens' settings might be set to open 'Windows Start menu'.

Compare Start Menus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:00 pm 

Ok that helped

Thanks
Jens

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:02 pm 

OK great. I hope you were able to pin a folder to the Classic menu which cascades. Then you can put anything in that folder.

Compare Start Menus