It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:47 am 

One of the Win-XP features I miss is 'Remember each folder's view settings', since while I usually want to see the navigation pane, I have certain certain tasks that I like to keep organized into a simple box, with no folders.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:21 am 

The registry equivalent to "Remember each folder's view settings" is still intact. MS just took out the option from Folder Options. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced. Add a DWORD value called ClassicViewState and set it to 1. Log off and log on back for it to take effect. Note that this doesn't affect the navigation pane. That ability was removed in Vista (My Computer and Windows Explorer are one and the same now). So if navigation pane is turned off for one folder, it will be closed for all folders that open afterwards.
However, you can add a quick button to toggle the navigation pane to the built-in Explorer command bar using a tool like Explorer Toolbar Editor.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.